“Great room ,service and location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save Up To 15%
Ranked #6 of 57 Hotels in Asheville
Old Saybrook, Connecticut
“Great room ,service and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Can't get a better place for the price. Great location everything is near and the people are great. Breakfast and dinner are a great addition This is a good choice

• Stayed July 2012
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for being our guest while visiting the Asheville Area. We are happy you enjoyed your experience and your stay with us. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again soon.
Troy Ferguson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Before I explain a three star rating, I will say what is good or better about this hotel. The food is above average for a Homewood. The breakfast room staff really work hard to keep a relatively small room clean and serviceable. The location is pretty good and convenient to a lot of things. Everyone we interacted with was friendly and tried to be helpful. Pool area was good and not crowded most of the time.

Here's the deal on the rating. When I travel the overarching issues are 1) can I sleep, and 2) can I work. This was a family trip so #1 became preeminent. We just couldn't sleep well here during any of the four nights we stayed. Not only was the bed below average (I realize this is subjective), but the pillows were unsupportive and there were noises in the room (209) most of the time coming from the wall between the bedroom closet and the shower. The noises were tapping sounds like someone was buried in a mine. We could also hear every time a neighbor used the toilet or shower like they were 2 feet away. The HVAC was much too loud making us turn it off at night to sleep which made it uncomfortable for us.

It felt like the room was a little smaller than many Homewood rooms I've stayed in, but I can't be sure of that.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for making us a part of your family vacation. We truly appreciate the opportunity to have you stay with us. Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience as we use it to refine our delivery. Please allow me to apologize for your lack of comfort with the bedding and the noise you experienced while you were here. Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we hope to be able to accomodate you in the future.
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We have stayed at this location two times and most likely will be back. The only thing that could make it better is if it was within walking distance to downtown. As it is, it is very convenient to the expressway. The hotel is very nice inside and seems to have good upkeep. A decent breakfast is served every day and a light dinner (with beer and wine) is served Mon. - Thurs. This could save you a fair amount of money unless you plan to try many of the very good restaurants in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Asheville. Next time you are here, we hope to provide you with our Courtesy Shuttle service, which offers transportation to anywhere within 5 miles between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. This free service furnishes easy access to downtown. We are glad you enjoyed your visit, and hope you find a chance to return soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed 2 nights and loved the spacious suite. We received breakfast and dinner with our stay. The food was good and had unlimited beer and wine. Rooms are comfortable and minutes away from downtown Asheville.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for being our guest and for sharing about your stay with fellow travelers. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

I'm writing this review as I stay in this hotel. This is the most horrible hotel I've ever sayed in...they should be stripped away of the Homewood Suites name. Its not clean nor up to standard to be labeled a homewood Suites. This is a $75 hotel, at most. I've stayed at plenty of Homewood Suites and Hilton brand hotels and this is defintely at the bottom. I went to put a drink in the fridge when I first walked in the room and there was old food in there. I immediately called the front desk and the guy says "oh, I don't think its part of housekeeping job, hold on let me check", and he never got came back to the phone. Then we requested a pack and play, the first one was broken and the second one was soiled in urine...it made the entire room stink, so we had to set it outside the room. The sheets are worned. The guy who was assisting was nice and went as far as giving us a $15 gift card for chilis...thank you, but that's nothing close to what I paid for this room. I actually got online and searched for another room at a other hotels in the area, but unfortunately they were all booked. Even my kids are complaining about the room and I hate having them stay in an unsat room. Had I found another room, I honestly would've packed up my kids and left this hotel. I'm a frequent traveler and Army retired..and know quality...this hotel definitely isn't. If I had to compare this hotel to another and rate it....it would be 1 star and on the level of a motel 6 or something of the sort. I can't wait for this night to be over. I've even called corporate to make a complaint.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we value the opportunity to have you as our guest. We appreciate that you took the time to share your valuable feedback, as we utilize it as an opportunity to improve. Please accept my sincere apology for your experience, and know that we strive to ensure that every guest is extremely satisfied, and are happy that we were able to refund your night's stay in addition to the gift card in standing behind our Suite Assurance Guarantee. Thank you again for sharing your feeback and I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.
BirminghamAL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This was our anniversary trip and I'm glad we chose this hotel. It is a warm family place that was equally suited for my wife and I or families with several children. It is quiet, my only concern was that the in room enclosed air conditioner was a bit loud but I got used to it very quickly. The thermostat kept the room comfortable. The room darkening curtains did a good job of keeping out the morning sun.

We had a King suite with the living room separate from the bedroom. The rooms look exactly like the pictures that have been posted. Some have commented about the "dated" look but I suspect this is more in line with the tone of the city and the Biltmore tradition. Everything was comfortable (especially the bed) and clean. It was nice having the separate rooms for the times when one of would want to sleep longer and the other wanted to work on the computer, watch television or simply read. The cabinets had enough dishes to fix a meal if we had wanted, and a dishwasher to wash them in.

The hotel had a nice breakfast buffet with the usual eggs, meat, cereal, bread, juice, plus some excellent muffins. The dining area was large and the staff kept it clean. They have a meal available in the evenings on Mon-Thurs. Our first night there had salad greens with lemon pepper chicken and shrimp. The second night was hamburgers and macaroni salad. The menu for the month was posted on the refrigerator with something different every day. It wasn't a fancy meal, but it was good.

The hot tub was located beside the indoor pool. It is small, warm, and a nice place to relax.

The people at the front desk were extremely helpful, especially Cheryl and Laura. Troy Ferguson, General Manager, obviously cares about his guests.

I'm glad we stayed here.

Room Tip: We had a room on the back side of the hotel and it probably had less road noise. It had a view of t...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us while celebrating your anniversary. We are happy you enjoyed your suite, breakfast, dinner with drinks, the indoor pool and spa area, and the service provided. Thank you for your warm comments about Cheryl, Laura and myself, we greatly appreciate that we helped you enjoy your stay. We hope to see you again soon when you visit the Asheville Area again.
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We are frequent patrons of Homewood Suites and this location was on par with the Hilton Brand. The decor was nice and the hotel was very clean. The only small complaint I have is that the breakfast staff was not prepared for the rush on sunday morning. They were often running out of bacon, cereal, coffee etc. I have never experienced that at a Homewood. I would still recommend the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your continued loyalty to Homewood Suites by Hilton hotels, and for staying with us while visiting our area. We appreciate the opportunity to have you as our guest. Sunday mornings are our busiest and our breakfast team works very diligently to keep items fully stocked. Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel and we hope to see you again soon.
Troy Ferguson - General Manager

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road? Share your experiences!