“Good suites in good location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save Up To 15%
Ranked #6 of 57 Hotels in Asheville
Mermaid Waters
“Good suites in good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

These were nice suites with all the usual amenities. Close to shops and restaurants etc.
Initially we were given a room over the main airconditioning units, which shut on and off all the time and I knew that this would disturb our sleep so I approached the desk for a change and after first being told the hotel was totally full, with a little persuasion we were assigned a better room. Good breakfast and evening snacks provided.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Thank you for being our guest while visiting the Asheville Area. We are pleased that enjoyed your stay and shared your experience with fellow travelers. Thank you for your forsight and giving us the opportunity to get your Suite location to something your were satisfied with. We hope to see you again soon.
Troy Ferguson - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Rating this property is a difficult task. With a few changes, this could well be a 4.

We spent 2 nights in Asheville visiting Biltmore. We were assigned a room adjacent to the elevator. Big mistake. The elevator was very loud. We didn't realize this until later in the night as we were out and about for most of the day and evening. By that time, we didn't feel like going thru the routine of changing rooms, assuming a room was available. We take responsibility for this shortcoming.

The way the building was constructed, the plumbing is inside the wall and not well insulated. Every time someone flushed the toilet, it seemed as if the water was coming into our room. Very noisy.

The first night, the room was not made up. The front desk brought up clean towels, but a major shortcoming.

Breakfast was quite good. They have an evening meal of which we did not partake. Front desk staff was very attentive.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you for staying with us while visiting the Biltmore Estate and the Asheville Area. We appreciate your comments about breakfast and the front desk staff, and are pleased you were happy with them. I am sorry you were not pleased with how close you were to the elevator or some plumbing noise that you experienced. Our guest satisfaction is of utmost importance to us and we want to know any time something does not meet your satisfaction so that we may take care of it right away. Thank you for being our guest. We appreciate you sharing your comments and we hope to see on your next visit.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

A beautiful property. Very clean and looked very new. Loved the small kitchen. Was great for preparing snacks. The bed was luxurious. Outstanding staff! Smelled clean. Wonderful breakfast Buffett with good, strong coffee. Can't say enough good about this place.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience with fellow travelers. We are happy you enjoyed the hotel's cleanliness, comfortable bed, breakfast and strong coffee. We hope you get a chance to bring your traveling family back again soon.
Auburn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Homewood Suites is one of the nicest hotels we've ever stayed in. The Housekeeping staff does an outstanding job, They were working every minute, the hotel is spotless. The front desk staff were great, very personable. If the shuttle is available, they're right there to take you where you need to go. My husband really appreciated the service, we drove 12 hours from NY, and he was exhausted. We spent a lot of time sightseeing, coming back and being able to take a swim was great. I felt like crying when we had to leave, I really felt at home.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for being our guest while visiting from New York. We are so glad you made it safely to enjoy the Housekeeping and Front Desk staffs, and our Courtesy Shuttle Service. We hated to see you go, but don't cry because we will be right here waiting for you to return soon. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Huntersville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

I just arrived home from a mini vacation with my husband. We wanted to go to a nice mountain retreat to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Issue #1...When we arrived at the hotel, there was a problem with my credit card, the bank never activated my card, causing it to decline, when actually there was plenty of money in the account. I gave them a different card and was checked in. Of course, this is not the hotel's fault (the bank corrected the error in the morning) after I was given the key, as soon as I went in the room, there was a loud humming that was coming from the air conditioner...giving me an instant headache! I requested a mountain view room, and they did comply with that...but due to the mechanical problem in the room...we had to leave. We were immediately given another room, which was bigger, but had an awful view ...or course, no mountains. We were told that there were no rooms available..OK, so I tried to call the front desk to ask about getting a room in the morning with mountain views and of course, the phone in the room was NOT working! I called the front desk with my cell, and was told that we could get another room in the morning. When I went to get my keys from the front desk in the morning I noticed something interesting. The people that were checking in were told that there was a free breakfast buffet, and a lite dinner with drinks in the evening. Guess what? No one ever told us that! There were two opportunitues for the front desk employees to explain the perks that the hotel provided for guests....Day one when we first arrived and the next morning when I had to pay for another night. I told the lady at the front desk that I was actually looking for another hotel to go to in the area, due to my dissapointment about the room. She arranged for us to leave our bags in the room and then the hotel employees would move them to the next room. As I looked around the hotel, I noticed that most of the people that looked like me and my husband, were cleaning the rooms. We did not see any other guests with the lovely, God given tans, that we have. I say this because I feel that we were not treated like other guests. I have stayed at many hotels, and they always make you feel welcome and want you to return. Obviously, they did not care if we came back or not! The last straw for us was when we checked out. The lobby was mopped and a huge hose was all through the hallway. My husband and I was carrying our bags out and I almost slipped on the floor, even though I had on sneakers. My husband stated, "this is dangerous, don't they care if someone falls on this wet floor?" As I was leaving, I gave the attendant my room key...Of course, she never said, "come back and see us" or "have a safe trip home" or "have a nice day" or ANYTHING!! As we walked to my car, I told my husband, "If I fall on this wet floor, I will own this hotel! But....realistically.... I would give it back, because it is totally unacceptable!"
Oh yeah, when we did look at the breakfast buffet, I took one look at the food and left immediately to go to a restaurant to have a "real" breakfast. We will definitely come back to beautiful Asheville, but we will NEVER return to Homewood Suites in Asheville NC on Tunnel Road!!!!! At least for us, we did not feel welcome, and I refuse to spend my money where I am not feeling welcomed or wanted and where I am treated like crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your 25th Anniversary getaway. I apologize again for your experience and am glad we were able to communicate and resolve your concerns, as well as extend our Suite Assurance Guarantee for your entire stay. Thank you for the opportunity and we look forward to seeing you again hopefully soon.
Orion, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stayed here a year ago and it was great. So we went again. Not so this time. The room smelled, all the bedding was so rumbled it looked like it had been wadded up. The shower curtain looked the same. Not very professional. Trash from previous guest still under sink. The coffee in lobby was just luke warm. Not at all as well cared for or as clean as last year. Breakfast was just okay and not up to the standard from previous year. The sad part is my son paid for our stay and it was certainly wasted money spent.

Room Tip: Do not tell the staff, as they did nothing to improve the room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us again recently, we appreciate your return visit and greatly value your business. I am sorry that this last experience has disappointed you the way it has. We do stand behind our Suite Assurance Guarantee, "We guarantee high-quality accomodations, friendly, efficient service and clean, comfortable surroundings. If you are not completely satisfied, please let us know. We'll make it right or your night's stay is free." I regret that I did not know of your disappointment before your departure as we don't expect you to pay if you are not satisfied. Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again the next time you visit our area.
Slidell, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Our stay at the Homewood Suites was outstanding. The room was clean, the staff was excellent and very courteous. They went out of their way to make you feel comfortable. The proximity of the hotel to area attractions could not be beat. I highly recommend the Homewood Suites and will be staying their on my next visit to Asheville.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for being our guest and leaving a review about your experience. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Troy Ferguson - General Manager

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road? Share your experiences!