“Great hotel in a great location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save Up To 15%
Ranked #6 of 57 Hotels in Asheville
Huntsville, Alabama
“Great hotel in a great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed at the Homewood Suites Asheville for two nights. The hotel was very easy to get to from the Blue Ridge Parkway. It also has quick, easy access to downtown. The front desk staff was very pleasant and welcoming. When we got to our room, we discovered that the air conditioning was not working properly. We called the front desk. Within a few minutes, the manager for that evening came to our room with a thermometer to check the temperature. He agreed with us and offered to call the maintenance person. We then proceeded to the light dinner offered by the hotel. It was delicious and all we needed. While in the dining room, the manager told my husband that he was moving us to another room and just stop by the front desk for the key. We got moved and the front desk called again to make sure everything was okay. Richard, the manager, was so helpful. This will be where we stay each time we travel thru Asheville.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Thank you for being our guest while visiting the Asheville Area. We are glad you enjoyed our convenient location and Dinner. We are sorry for the inconvenience of the air conditioning in your first suite and are happy we were able to resolve it to your satisfaction. We hope to see you again soon.
Troy Ferguson - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Evans, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Was most impressed with my treatment and the way the staff took care of me and I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to others. I was there seven weeks, June & July '2011. I have stayed at other Hotels and know what I'm saying.

Room Tip: Had plenty of room to move around and no noise to disturb me.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your seven weeks in the Asheville Area. We are happy that you were pleased with our service during your extended stay here, and hope you come "home" again soon.
Lees Summit, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

My wife and I spent three nights at the beautiful Homewood Suites in Asheville, NC while I attended a conference. The location is very convenient to the Asheville Mall, numerous good restaurants, and downtown Asheville. The hotel was very clean and obviously well managed. Our only complaint was that when we initially walked in to the hotel (and several days after that), the hotel (at least where we were) reeked with of the smell of bacon. The hotel does provide a very nice hot breakfast (and light suppers, which we didn't partake of). But the smell of bacon followed us to our room. After awhile, it almost made you sick at your stomach. We asked the cook one morning how much bacon he fried and he said at least 30 pounds. Obviously the ventilation system in the kitchen doesn't work very well because of the very strong smell. It could have been because of the fact we were on the first floor just down the hallway from the main dining area. On a rather humorous note, although our room was very attractive and well kept, I've never known painters to paint around the pictures already hung (glued) to the wall behind the sofa--and they weren't even hung straight. There was actually paint on the picture frames. It wasn't a big deal but rather a humorous example of a painter in a hurry! To be fair, none of this diminished the quality of our stay (other than the smell). We would probably stay there again!

Room Tip: For a good view of the mountains, request a room on the higher floors. We were on the first floor a...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments about your stay, and hope to see you again on your next visit.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

We made two 4-day trips to the Biltmore this summer and chose this hotel both times. It is slightly more expensive than most hotels in the area, but includes a fantastic breakfast and full dinner (including wine & beer) Monday - Thursday. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite which gave us the opportunity to close the door on our children who were happily sleeping on the sofabed. The kitchen area was nice to have although we didn't use it much (full size fridge, microwave, no oven tho). The pool and hot tub were wonderful. I was shocked at how often we got to use it alone. They had a limited, but free, selection of videos to check out. The staff were all great - especially the kitchen staff who made delicious food and kept tables tidy! You might want to ditch the plants on all of the tables though - they are always in the way. The only slightly negative comment I have to make is that they did not accept a coupon I found online offering "10% off Best Available Rate", despite the fact that I was told when I made the reservation that they would. I've tried following up with Hilton to no avail. It's not a biggie but annoying none-the-less.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to the Biltmore Estate and the Asheville Area. We appreciate your warm comments about our Breakfast, Dinner & Drinks, spacious suites, pool & hot tub, hotel and kitchen staff. The 10% off "Best Available Rates" coupons cannot be combined with other discounts, as stated on the coupon, and I am sorry if that was not communicated clearly by a central reservation agent. I am glad we were able to apply the discount to an additional night that was not already discounted. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again soon when your travel plans bring you back into our area.
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011 via mobile

The kitchen staff was really amazing!! The young man in the kitchen had good manners! Made us feel at home. A lot of things were in walking distance from hotel. Over all great experience..

• Stayed July 2011
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with fellow travelers. We appreciate your kind words about our kitchen staff and location. We hope to see you again soon.
Glenn Dale, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Asheville, NC does a huge tourist business, and there are a plethora of hotels to choose from. Homewood Suites is one of the best. Staff is incredibly hospitable and friendly. Your every need is attended to graciously. Rooms are extremely comfortable and well-furnished. The double queen suite is mammoth....two huge rooms with 2 flat-screen TV's and, as a bonus, a DVD player. (Free DVD's can be borrowed at the front desk.) Food service seems luxurious in that real china and silverware are provided, a real rarity these days. The included breakfast is varied and copious. (More vegetarian options would be welcome.) Light dinners served Mon-Thurs and are more than adequate. While the food in the chafing dishes is not always piping hot, nor would it qualify as gourmet fare, it is enhanced by unlimited free wine (of reasonably good quality) and beer. The fact that food is included at all is a huge plus, not just with regard to the cost savings involved, but in terms of convenience. The in-suite kitchenettes are nicely equipped and constitues another huge bonus. Finally, Homewood Suites has what is arguably the best location in Asheville. Just a stone's throw from downtown, it offers easy access to I-40 and is within walking distance of several restaurants and a supermarket. And many rooms have a mountain view. What more could one ask of a hotel?

Room Tip: Register for Hilton Honors; you can then perform an on-line early check-in and select your exact roo...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Thank you for staying with us during your recent business trip to the Asheville Area. We appreciate your kind comments about the team and service provided, our spacious Suites, Hot Full Breakfast, Dinner & Drinks and our location. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

I traveled to this area on a family trip over 4th of July weekend. I was a little apprehensive about staying out of the city center and had truly never stayed at a Homewood property. I had been looking at more luxury type properties and kept going back-and-forth with my decision and was so GLAD that I had finally chosen this Homewood property based on having a Suite rather than a standard room elsewhere. From check-in to check-out the staff couldn't have been more pleasant. Everyone from the front desk to the dining room staff and cleaning staff were comparable to 4-5 star hotel. We were always greeted every time we encountered a hotel employee and they were quick to offer advice or bring more towels or coffee when needed. They honored my request for a mountain view room and connecting room, which I know is never a guaranteed request(Especially on a holiday weekend) but, it was nice that they actually honored the request without even having to mention it again at check-in. They also called my room about 30 minutes after check-in to make sure our room was alright, etc.. This again, is comparable to most 4-5 star properties. The rooms were very clean and that is truly the most important to me. My daughter lost her earring one morning and we mentioned it to the cleaning staff when passing them in the hallway and when we returned that evening the earring was waiting on a plate on the dining table in the room. Again, the staff was so great, that I felt I had to write a review. I had two young children with me and they really enjoyed the free DVD rentals and the separate living room to watch them in. They also loved the free microwave popcorn left in the room daily. A very cute and memorable touch!! The room also had a full size fridge, which we used to store our water and fresh fruit, desserts, etc.. The kitchenette had a stove and cooking utensils too if you need it. We didn't cook but we just loved the extra space. The complimentary breakfast was delicious each morning and to our surprise they offered free wine & beer and a light supper each evening(Weekdays). We did not use that perk because we wanted to try some places in Asheville, but, what a great bonus for business men or families w/children! And finally LOCATION ~~ Absolutely perfect for me, because we had children and grandparents in our group and the distance into the city center was 5 minutes. One member of our group, jogged in to the city/center each morning(Very Close). The hotel is surrounded by big grocery stores, many restaurants, pharmacies, etc.. Anything you need is walkable if you needed to. We spent our days on the blue ridge parkway, 1 full day in Asheville, 1 day at the Biltmore, etc, so this location was PERFECT. As I mentioned earlier, it was a quick car ride into the city center nightly for dinner for us.. We had no trouble finding parking and the hotel even offers a shuttle service if you choose that. As for pool, I can not comment because we did not use it. I have never been a fan of indoor pools, but, their always seemed to be a crowd in there. I did use the gym one morning and it was very clean and well-maintained, although my husband really loved running outside in this area(The front desk gave him some jogging paths). And finally, I'm a travel agent and have stayed at many hotel properties and tried many brands, this Homewood Suites really exceeded my expectations and the property did not know I was a travel agent reviewing their property at the time of stay. I would definitely recommend this property again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your Holiday weekend family trip. We are so happy you chose to stay with us with so many choices in the area. We are pleased you enjoyed our spacious Suites, the service provided, the Full Hot Breakfast, the on-loan DVDs, our new Fitness Center by Precor, and our location. Thank you for letting us be a part of your trip and we hope to see you again soon.
Troy Ferguson - General Manager

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road? Share your experiences!