“Lots of fun” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Log Cabin Motor Court

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Log Cabin Motor Court
You added Log Cabin Motor Court to your Saves list
330 Weaverville Highway, Asheville, NC 28804   |
mariemont ohio
“Lots of fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

It it was nice and clean. It reminded me of the places my family would stay at when we were kids. We were close to the Asheville and the rafting trips. The cabins were actually in THUNDER ROAD. It was a happy place to be. Take advantages of the German restaurant in front and the wheat beers.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

We stayed at the Log Cabin Motor Court on April 16th and 17th in Cabin #9- Happy Haven. Since Asheville is such a dog friendly town, we wanted to take our two pooches with us. I read the reviews posted here and decided to give these cabins a try. I am so glad we did.

First off, they are located very close to downtown Asheville. It only took us a little over 5 minutes to get to town. You can take a right when heading out of their drive and head straight into town if you don’t want to bother with getting on the expressway. You will pass by a very beautiful park with a lake and canoe rentals less than 2 miles away.

The cabin itself was very adorable with plenty of room for our needs. Yes, they are old, but to me, that is part of the charm. The bed was comfortable with an extra blanket provided. The shower had good water pressure and plenty of hot water. They provide little bars of soap, but you need to pack other essentials like shampoo and hair dryer. Towels and linens were adequate.

We did not get a cabin with a kitchen, but ours still had a coffee maker and small fridge. Everything was very clean. The porch had two rocking chairs and a table which was perfect for that morning coffee or early evening relaxing. We did not want a fireplace, but many of the cabins offer them.

They have a laundry room, but since we were only there for two nights, we did not use it.

There is a large field area to walk you dogs. They also provide doggie clean-up bags. Everyone was very considerate about cleaning up after their dogs.

The staff were so friendly and helpful. They do not have telephones in the rooms, so be sure to take your cell phone.

As mentioned by other reviewers, I will comment on the traffic noise. The cabins do back right up to the expressway and you can hear the cars and trucks zooming by. I did not find the noise more than I’ve experienced at any hotel I’ve stayed at close to the interstate. The traffic decreases greatly late at night and I slept like a baby both nights.

The Bavarian Restaurant that sits right at the entrance is well worth going to for dinner. We had some of the best German food ever. And, you can have an extra German beer knowing that you are simply walking back to your cabin. If you are lucky, Carl will be there to take good care of you. We had such a fun time there, and Carl guided us through each course of our meal.

Just another mention- if you like Indian food, do not miss the Indian buffet at Mela restaurant in downtown. Be warned- you will not find better Indian food any where.

To summarize, if you are looking for a secluded mountain cabin tucked way up in the mountains, then this is not the place for you. If you want full amenities and five star elegance, these are not for you. But if you are looking for a relaxed location to bring your dog that is close to everything, you cannot find a better place. You will enjoy the rustic feeling of these 1930’s cabins as well as the privacy of having your own dwelling. They are a great budget choice for a cozy stay. This will be our first choice when we return to visit Asheville.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Augusta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

Whether spending a weekend or a week, this charming retreat has almost everything a dog-lover need. Yet, personally I wanted a bit more.

The lodge is very conveniently located less than 5 miles away from Asheville Downtown. Each cabin provides enough privacy and plenty of parking. The staff is friendly and very accommodating. Our late arrival was easily arraigned. There is plenty of room to walk your pooch. Area appears safe and fairly well lit. Our cabin had a fireplace, a good heating unit, and two air conditioners. The living room had an older TV with plenty of cable channels. There is no phone. My laptop did not detect a WiFi in the cabin, thought one is advertised. Both the bathroom and the kitchen had plenty of hot water. We had a fridge, a microwave, and an electric stove. A great Bavarian restaurant is just a few steps away from the main office.

I did wish for a bit more space. Our cabin was truly tiny. Bathroom was very small. We had to move one of the beds that partially blocked the bathroom entrance. If you have any problem moving, use a walker or a cane you will find our cabin difficult to get around. There’s very little closet space. Mattresses are cheap and not very comfortable. I would strongly advise bringing your own pillows and towels. The kitchen has only basic cooking utensils. The overall location is a bit noisy. A major highway passes almost overhead. The heating unit kept the living-room cosy, yet the bedroom cold. Due to the age of the cabins, they lack an automatic sprinkler system and a smoke alarm.

Overall, our stay was adequate. I would certainly consider this place next time I’m in the area. First though, I would look for something a bit more modern.

• Stayed April 2009
Savannah, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2008

Had a wonderful stay this summer at Log Cabin Motor Court. It is the perfect location for a weekend getaway in Ashville with the pooch. The staff is friendly, helpful, and available for all of your needs. The cabin and grounds are clean, quiet, and relaxing. We enjoyed being off-the-beaten-hotel-chain-path and look forward to future stays here...so does our dog!

charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2008

I stay here everytime i go to asheville and love it! all the cabins are well kept, the housekeeping is always accessible for extra towels, soaps, etc. and their site is pet friendly. minutes from downtown as well as only 1.5 miles from a great park over looking the broad river, it's convenient yet off the beaten path. I highly recommend the log cabin motor court over any place in the asheville area.

• 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Durham, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

We have been returning to the Log Cabin Motor Court since 1992. During that time we have met several new owners. Finally, the present owners are doing everything right.

The cabins are clean and each offers something unique, from fireplaces to kitchenettes. Simple by today's standards there are no phones and the televisions are obviously an accomodation to life as we know it today. But if you want to get away from phones, computers (although WiFi is available), and other modern inconveniences, this is the place.

Animals are welome, and I will not travel without my dog. And yes, my wife loves the place too. There is an atmosphere not found anywhere else with friendly, personal service with good food nearby.

Yes, you do step back in time, which is why staying at the Log Cabin Motorcourt is worthwhile.

• Liked — The log cabins and location
  • Disliked — I liked all of the accomodations
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
lleezuh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2008

I found these cabins online after seaching for good deals in local motels. The prices here were competitive with that of motels in the area, but this place was so much cuter and looked to have a ton of character. When I arrived, I was NOT disappointed. It was so quaint and had such a cozy feel. The staff were so accomodating and friendly, made me feel at home. I felt completely comfortable and like I had stumbled upon a fantastic little secret. The next time I go to Asheville, this is where I will stay. Hope others will try it and enjoy it as much as I did.

• Liked — Friendly staff, quaint atmosphere
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Log Cabin Motor Court? Share your experiences!