“Great place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Biltmore East

You added Days Inn Biltmore East to your Saves list
Days Inn Biltmore East
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1435 Tunnel Road, I-40 & US 70 East, Asheville, NC 28805   |
Ranked #39 of 57 Hotels in Asheville
Georgia
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

This was our second stay at this motel to see the beautiful fall leaves. We were very pleased with the clean room and they were well decorated, beds were comfy and all the staff friendly. The breakfast was common for most motels and the little lady servicing the bar was exceptionally nice and attentative to your needs. I only wished they had yogurt to offer and maybe more fruit choices for those of us who don't go for the heavy carbs. We never heard the train. Our room was 308 and faced the front parking lot. We prefer a pet-free and smoke free motel, but had no problem with either. All in all - our stay was very nice and we will return to this Days Inn on our next trip to Asheville.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

We stayed here one night in early October after finding a coupon in one of the books we picked up at the NC welcome center. Because on occasion I've run across some real questionable places only relying on these books in the past, I was relieved to see a 2010 Trip Advisor sign on their door as I approached.

Though it was only mid-afternoon I was able to access our room immediately and check-in was a breeze (much appreciated because I was very sick at the time). Because of my situation I requested that I not be put in near a room near the I40 in case the noise was an issue and the desk clerk willingly obliged.

Not 10 minutes after arriving in our room I called down to the front desk to request some extra blankets. Within 5 minutes Heather, the young lady who handled my check-in, was knocking on my door with the requested blankets.

Our breakfast was included in the stay and some of the things I saw available on the continental buffet were hard-boiled eggs, cereal, waffles, pastries, sausage biscuits, toast and bagels, along with coffee, tea, milk & a couple of juices.

There was an older woman working the area keeping it clean and helping guests with special requests who was very pleasant. Unfortunately for me, I didn't realize she stepped away and when I saw a woman in an area off the room at a sink I politely asked her if she would rinse out my travel coffee mug. BIG MISTAKE apparently. She gave me a surly disgusted look but took my cup and rinsed it, giving me another nasty glare when I said "that's good". Once the other woman returned to the breakfast area I realized that I had asked another employee for assistance. It was only after we were leaving to go up to our room and I passed the front desk that I realized it was the front desk employee I had inconvenienced.

Checking out took longer than checking in because that same front desk clerk was outside smoking a cigarette when I arrived at the desk. Needless to say, I had to wait until she was ready to come inside, although she saw me enter and was standing on the other side of the window looking in. All I can say is that it's a good thing that employee (Pearl) handles guests checking out instead of in or some people might run the other way when they cross paths.

The room was quiet and clean and the hotel in a great location near the entrance of the Blue Ridge Parkway. There was a computer with printer in the lobby for guests to use; also a pool though it was already closed for the season.

In spite of Pearl, I will still give the hotel a 5, would stay here again and recommend. It is my hope that the managers/owners follow TA reviews and take the time to improve her customer service skills because that was the only negative part of our stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Naperville, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night during a road trip. We were able to find a lighted place to park our car near a convenient door into the hotel. Check in was easy and fast. We had requested a non-smoking room and although the placard on the door listed the room as non-smoking, one step in the room was all it took for the smoke smell to hit me. I immediately turned around, went back to the front desk, and asked for another room. They accommodated me without issue. The second room was better. It still had a definite lingering smoke smell, but we decided we could live with it rather than try to ask for yet a third room. Besides the smoke smell, the room was clean. Outdated, but clean. As we prepared to go to bed, we realized that the alarm clock wasn't working and the tv was only getting 3 channels. The bed and pillows were comfortable, though. Breakfast selection was pretty good, but the eating area was full (odd for a Monday morning, I'd think) and people were waiting for seats. We couldn't find information regarding express checkout, so I had to make a stop at the front desk to make sure we were okay to go. Price was good, but still undecided as to whether we'd stay there again.

South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

For the money it was a great CLEAN room, comfy. Good location to highways and restraunts. Fridge and micro in each room, interior rooms. The complimentary breakfast had fresh fruit and healthy choices along with the good stuff. The staff was a happy bunch. This was during fall peak week and price were VERY REASONALBE. Count me in to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

We have stayed at several other hotels in the Asheville area before but this was our first stay at this Days Inn. It is a little funky getting to the hotel but once you do it once it is no problem. The room was a lot better then I expected. Had a one queen bedroom, which was really nice with a Refrigerator and Microwave. The breakfast was better then some of the other hotels we have stayed at in the area. And the staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel looks like it has been well maintained. If we are in the area again we will more than likely stay at this Days Inn again.

Room Tip: There is a train track behind the hotel but we had a front room and never heard it. My brother in l...
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Cartersville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

We haven't stayed in a Days Inn in 20 years, never had good experiences. We were forced to do so because everything else was full on a Thursday night, still can't figure that one out. But, overall I'm impressed......Thought we received a great deal at $74.00 for a King room...Also don't understand others saying the rooms were small, how much room do you need? I like many others did not like the train noise, both myself and wife laughed when we first heard in at 9pm....At that point we thought, that's why it's at a reasonable price, but did not hear another one until 3pm. Room was clean, breakfast was what I call a belly filler ( coffee,juice,cold cereal, grad and heat sausage biscuits and waffles.. And the night time staff, a young woman, was GREAT! They simply won me over and back!

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

We wanted a short 3 day Vacation. We have stayed at all the "fancy" hotels and loved them. This time, in this economy, lower price meant longer stay and hopefully, nicer restaurants. This Days Inn was so clean inside and out. Our bed was comfortable. I am fussy about shower curtains, I guess thats strange, but I can't stand shower curtains with questionable "stuff" on them. This one looked brand new. There is the matter of the train track, but they didn't bother us. So for $279 for three days (two weekend night pricing and one regular night) this was a good, clean choice for us.

Room Tip: Maybe choose a room in front if an occasional train bothers you
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Biltmore East? Share your experiences!