“Handicap does not mean handicap to these people.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Biltmore East

You added Days Inn Biltmore East to your Saves list
Days Inn Biltmore East
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1435 Tunnel Road, I-40 & US 70 East, Asheville, NC 28805   |
Ranked #39 of 57 Hotels in Asheville
Asheville, North Carolina
“Handicap does not mean handicap to these people.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011 via mobile

Room located so far from lobby and nearest entrance that it was an inconvenience to go anywhere. TV did not work. Needless to say we were not impressed.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
St. Albans, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

The room was clean and the beds comfortable. There was a slight mouldy smell in the room which increased when the AC until was put on. The breakfast was very good, plenty of choice and there were enough tables. We had a problem at 06.00 on our last morning when I was awakened by running water which, in my half sleep, I thought was rain. I got up, opened the bathroom door to be greeted with water raining down from the ceiling. The floor was flooded and running into the carpet in the room. I phoned Reception and they wanted to move us: not an option when our son was still asleep and my husband and I were still tired. They came with towels to mop up the water and it stopped coming thru' the ceiling (we found out later it was toilet water from the room above). Eventually we got back to sleep. When I checked out I asked for a discount but was only given 10%, $5 which, considering I was tired and had a 6-hour drive that day, I didn't consider very good. I wouldn't return here. We had our whole room cost refunded because the pool was cold at a HoJo and I didn't even ask for it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

My hubby and I often stay in Marriott properties and privately owned bed and breakfasts, however when we travel we look for a place that has easy on and off access to the Interstate. Days Inn is a very predominate hotel in North Carolina so when we planned our trip to visit the mountains to drive our sports car we decided to take advantage of a 20% discount offered by Days Inn on their site by prebooking our stay. We selected the Asheville East Days Inn. After making a reservation and due to what I had read here on Trip Advisor, I emailed the hotel to ask them to please set us up in rooms in the front of the hotel and our request was met.

We selected the queen room for our one night stay. Just to note, until recently North Carolina was smoker friendly...tobacco was grown here for Heaven's sake, but as with most places these days non smokers also need to be accommodated. Since no one in our group smoked, we requested non smoking rooms. I have a highly sensitive nose and could tell that the room has been smoked sometime in the past, however it was only slight...nothing to get worked up over. We didn't encounter the mold smells people seemed to notice in past reviews. The room was basic but had everything we needed for a night. The bed was clean with comfortable bedding and soft sheets. The bathroom was very clean and had the proper number of towels which were of decent quality. Shampoo and soap along with a sign stating the desk could accommodate forgotten personal use items were on the vanity. We loved the single serve coffeemaker...no worries about how the pot was cleaned because the coffee went right into a cup that was sealed before use. We had free internet access so my hubby and I were both able to use our netbook and Nook in order to surf the net. We didn't use the pool, but it was clean looking and very inviting! We did hear the train that was referred to in past reviews when we left to go to dinner. I'm a light sleeper and I may have noticed it but it seemed to move off fast so maybe it wouldn't have been a problem at all. The staff was very helpful. Young woman at the desk gave us a recommendation for a brewery/pizza place we were considering which is a separate review. Once we returned, we hit our rooms and slept fantastic after our night out on Asheville.

The next morning we went downstairs for the breakfast and we were totally impressed. We take this trip every year and usually spend the night at the Days Inn in Candler, NC but they were showing no vacancy until just a few weeks ago. From here on out we will stay at this hotel. They had make your own waffles, fruit, hard boiled eggs, grits, french toast, cereal, bagels, toast, muffins, juice, sausage biscuits, milk and coffee. Considering what we had at the Candler Days Inn, this was AWESOME! :) We had waffles and sausage (disassembled the sausage biscuits!), some juice and coffee and we were on our way. The area was spotless and the breakfast was ample. What more could you want for the money?

If you are on a budget and want to see Asheville, this would be PERFECT...equally for us though it's great and we can get on our way....perfect if you are on the move!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Stephens City, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Most upgraded comfortable, luxurious hotel out of all of the hotels we stayed @ on our trip! Loved the room decor, most importantly the bed was compfortable! The granite was such a beautiful touch, and who could not love the free breakfast! Also so convenient to have the fridge & microwave in room. Room was clean and hotel staff was friendly! Could not ask for more! Best of all the price, very affordable!

Room Tip: I always ask for the a top floor room, so I don't have to hear anything rumbling above my head!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Casselberry, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

The Hotel is in a great location: very convieniant to interstate 40, and on Tunnel Road, which is very close to an entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway, and about a 10 minute drive to Downtown Asheville.
The Single room is on the small side, (my Girlfriend and I found it crowded when we were both tying to get ready) but very well decorated. The hotel staff was helpful when asking directions, and the computer and printer came in very handy for purchasing advanced tickets to the Biltmore Estate (HIGHLY recomended).
They offer a very good free Breakfast, including fruit, cottage cheese, make-'em yourself waffels, french toast (packaged), bagels, pasteries, mini sausage sandwiches...etc.
I have stayed at this hotel before, and would stay again, but not with any more than one other person. I don't know if they offer ajoining rooms. We did not use the pool on this trip.

Room Tip: Booked on Hotwire.com
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

My stay was made special from the moment I entered the lobby. All of the Day’s Inn staff were very pleasant and extremely helpful. I had a peaceful night. I would definitely stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

i have stayed many times over the last two years at this Days Inn. The staff is always helpful, the rooms always clean and very comfortable. I usually stay here alone and I have never felt uneasy.
I was worried about noise and crowds when I realized the hotel had no vacancies over the 4th of July. However, my stay was as pleasant that weekend as a quiet weekend in mid-winter. Plenty of parking, no noise in the halls and not too big a crowd at breakfast!
The pool is smallish and there were a few families, so I didn't swim. The pool is outdoors, I would love for it to be enclosed for year-round use.

Room Tip: Get an upper room & leave open a window at night safely. Even streetside, it's quiet enough...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn Biltmore East? Share your experiences!