“A great choice” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Corner Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 644 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: All Soul's Crescent
Mobile, Alabama
“A great choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I used reviews to pick the restaurant. We were so happy we did. We brought my two girls- 8 & 5 with us. We had appetizers which were good- mussels and Brie. My husband also ordered the crab bisque which was taken over by my five year old. It was delicious. Our entrees were great- Mahi for me and duck for my husband. Even my girls were happy with the kids menu. My youngest wanted to see the chef so out he came. The staff was wonderful and the service was great. We will eat here again.

Fallston, Maryland
“A little pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I am not a big fan of having to pay for a basket of bread when it was nothing spectacular. Chicken with prosciutto was tasty. Other dishes were tasty too.
The people next to us must have been regulars. They ordered off the menu and seemed happy with their meal and service.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati
“Delicious Fish & Chips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had a wonderful al fresco lunch at The Corner Kitchen after our visit to The Biltmore Estate
The Fish and Chips were hot and very tasty. Service was excellent.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Naperville, IL
“Very Good Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had an excellent meal at the Corner Kitchen while vacationing in Asheville. Once we were seated, we had good service and extremely good food. The only minorly irritating thing was the way we were treated upon our arrival. The hostess greeted us and informed us we were 10 minutes early. I already knew that. No problem. We were told to go wait outside. Again, no problem, since it was a summer evening. However, this is where it gets interesting. A couple walked up and checked out the menu, decided to eat at the Corner Kitchen, went inside and were immediately seated. I guess they might have made a reservation, but I don't think so. This happened at least once more. After waiting about 20 minutes, I returned to the hostess stand inside and inquired about our reservation. She said it would be just a few more minutes and informed me they were very busy. I did not speak my mind and ask if we had just walked up without a reservation, maybe we would be seated and eating by now. So, while the food is very good, I suggest you consider the treatment one receives with a reservation and clearly a visitor. What this hostess probably did not consider is we plan to return to Asheville and I sincerely doubt we will eat at the Corner Kitchen, unless of course, we feel like being mis-treated.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
asheville
“Southern Fusion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The food the service is excellent, be prepard to wait quite awhile. This is a high energy cafe, which has a lot of noise . The chefs excell at everything I have ever eaten there, the portions are huge and I learn to split an entree, or take home the left overs ! It's a fun place with good food go and enjoy !

• Visited January 2013