“One Great Item Is All I'm Searching For” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Greek
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Asheville
“One Great Item Is All I'm Searching For”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

My wife and I eat out often and have patronized hundreds of restaurants over a 30-year span. What makes me want to go back repeatedly more than anything else is discovering a menu item that tantalizes my tastebuds. The Grouper Reuben at the E. Village Grill is a prime example of a sandwich which I find irresistible. I order the fish grilled and the skinny fries are a great compliment to the generous portion of fish that is combined with homemade coleslaw to produce a unique taste. And I'm not a fan of coleslaw but it works for me on this one-of-a-kind sandwich. Nice selection of draft beers is likewise superior.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

75% Recommend
asheville
“I've eaten here three times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

The wings are great, so are the carolina crickets if you want an appetizer. Its pretty quiet even when it's busy, so it's a good place to sit and talk. I enjoyed my experience here.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Black Mountain
“A barely average diner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I was disappointed with the decor--a slightly seedy feel. My Reuben sandwich was tasteless, simply forgettable.

Visited September 2011
Asheville, North Carolina
“Local Neighborhood Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

We go here a couple times a month. We love it on weekends because you usually don't have to wait too long for a talbe. It is very casual, and yes sometimes a little dirty. They have these old ratty magazines on the tables... BUT the food is amazing. Always very fresh and the specials change every day. The portions are generous and the wait staff is very freindly and accomodating. The prices are fair and it is a good value. Much better than Applebees.

• Visited November 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville
“Great little surprise !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

It was late at night and had checked into a hotel in the area and the front desk personel recommended this quaint little place. It is like a place college kids would gather in-very cozy. The service was good. The food was very good and delivered promptly. It was a very welcomed place to sit and rest and have dinner. Very busy even late at night. They have nightly specials as well as a varied menu. A lady across from us had a salad-it was HUGE-she even mentioned she'd have leftovers. Everything I saw comming out looked wonderful! I had fish, my husband had steak and our granddaughter had one of the biggest hamburgers I have ever seen! We all commented on the portions-BIG-we DID NOT leave hungry, we could not finish it all! So if you are in Asheville and looking for a really good place to eat-I REALLY recommend this cozy little place! Prices are low for the portions they deliver!

• Visited October 2011