“Very poor service” 1 of 5 stars

Good for: Large groups
North Carolina
“Very poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I had dined here once before and the food and service were very satisfactory. But last month my visit was awful. I was seated immediately, but my order was taken only after a long wait. This by itself would not have been an issue, but what followed was a problem. After taking my order, but without writing it down, the waitress went to another table to take their order. She discussed their order with them in great detail and for a very long time. Again, this would not have been a problem, but then, after a long delay, she served the other table first and brought me a salad instead of the soup I had ordered. I was willing to wait for her to correct my order, but instead she began to bus the table next to me. It was at that point that I told my waitress that my order was taking too long to arrive, and I left the restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Oldsmar
“Consistently Good Food and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stopped in for a late lunch on a Sunday afternoon (3:00 PM). At that time of day there is no wait so we were seated immediately and had great service. In fact most of the time we were the only ones in that dining area making it a pleasant quiet lunch. As always the endless salad is terrific as was the Lighter Fare Pasta with Shrimp. My husband enjoyed the Trio special. Of course, we had plenty left to take home for warm-ups. Our server was most courteous!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Asheville, North Carolina
“unique experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Well, my first choice probably would not have been a place that serves spaghetti and pizza at 11a.m. on a Friday, but my girlfriends mom and dad picked it, so we said we would meet there at 11.
Though I have lived in the area for 13 years, it had been 10+ years since my last visit to this OG. On arrival, there were 8-10 others waiting for the doors to open ( they opened at about 11:05)
We were seated quite promptly by what seemed to be a competent hostess.
We waited , and then we waited some more. Now, I was in no hurry, had taken the day off because it was my GFs BIRTHDAY. But the parents were getting a little restless after not even having SEEN a server after 15 minutes, so I excused myself under the pretense of " going to the washroom"
I was curious where all the servers were, heck, I was curious were the guests were. The way the restaurant is set up ,from our seats, we could only see 2 other occupied tables. I strolled purposefully enough that no one asked me if I was looking for the restroom . Turns out there were quite a few seated guests in different divided "areas" and there was a large ( 20+) party convening in a private room. About half of them had received beverages." Okay, they just opened" and there are a lot more tables here than I realized.
On my return to our table ,I found the manager explaining to my party that he was going to comp our meal and was sorry for the delay in our service. When he left, my GF explained that she had gone to Front of House to say that we had not seen a server for 20 minutes.
Sooo we got the meal comped before we even got glasses of water.......
Then the drinks arrive 2 coke, one diet coke , one water. They had the coke vs diet coke wrong, caught the waitress, fixed that.
To see all of the offerings one had to look thru 3 different menus. I asked about " chicken parmesan " in menu #1 vs""new"Parmesan Crusted chicken " menu#2----went for the Crusted.
Salad arrived , turned out that dad didn't want salad so he ordered soup. Waitress returned with soup- he asks for a straw (she took his when she corrected the drink order)---she left (with the soup) and comes back with a straw (and the soup!)----now he needs a spoon (the cutlery pacs are 2 forks,one knife) she get the spoon.
Soon entrees arrive , soon after that appetizer arrives (spinach artichoke) it had apparently been at lease lightly broiled, but was still barely warm.
Manager stopped by a couple time to check on us, was very eager to see that we were treated right, even gave the birthday girl a voucher toward another visit.

What can I say, they tried hard to make this right, can't fault them for that, thought the food was only OK ----gonna give them the third star only because they tried much harder than many would have

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Candler
“Olive Garden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Everything is great, food, atmosphere, price, service! You will NOT leave hungry, trust me! They pamper your every whim here. The wait is never too long, except sometimes obviously on a busy weekend.

Visited February 2013
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Average Sat Night Dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Very crowded, service very slow but food excellent. I shared stuffed chicken marsala with friend and the split portion was more than enough for 1. There were 5 of us and 4 of us split 2 entrees so we only got salad for 3. They refused to refill salad bowl even small amount.

• Visited April 2013