“Olive Garden= Attentive, courteous-Dan, server is the man and Experience Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Olive Garden

Good for: Large groups
Good for: Large groups
Asheville, N.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

Part of the reason a chain restaurant can be a good experience is the "comfort, no surprise factor." I was not really expecting bells and whistles here but frankly, I was mistaken.
From the moment we entered the establishment we were acknowledged and treated as treasured guests.
Our server, Dan, exemplary and an employee I would value, covet and had they not so kind, the lunch so lovely and delish...I would attempt to steal. So too, the young woman who greeted us. Excellent both in personality, welcome, attention and expediting us to a booth.
Got the salad , pasta bowl special and it was very, very good. So, if you are looking for a filling, delicious lunch at a very cost contained rate with only good surprises...Look here!

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Asheville, North Carolina
“Just Ok......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

Had dinner there last night was not very impressed. The food was just ok, and the service was just ok... I had a gift certificate I rec'd as a Xmas gift and it took me 8 months to get there to use it There's your clue..LOL

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Best meal and best service in ages!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We were seated quickly and our server, Devon, greeted us with a HUGE smile and a through knowledge of the menu. She was very attentive and kept us comfortable and happy throughout our meal. Olive Garden is Great, and Devon is STUPENDOUS!!

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wurtland, Ky
“Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

We stopped for dinner while on spring break. The food was good and so was the service at this location.

• Visited April 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Bern, North Carolina
“Hair in the salad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

My wife, 12 year old granddaughter and I ate at the Olive Garden in Asheville, NC on 7/11/2010 and, to say the least, it was not a good experience. After waiting 20 minutes to sit, we finally were seated and ordered drinks. My wife ordered a glass of wine and it did not appear until just before the meal came and after the salad was delivered. Our waitress said she "forgot" to check the bar for her wine.

After two bites of salad, I noticed a hair in mine. Waiting several minutes for the waitress to come back I then told her about it and showed her the hair. She took the plate and left.
the meals arrived and were okay. Shortley thereafter, a manager arrived and inquired about the "extra" item in my salad. I explained and he apologized.

When the bill arrived there was no consideration given for the hair in the salad and there was never an offer of a desert or drink to compensate for the hair. Any restaurant of any standing would have offered some type on compensation for the hair in the salad. Needless to say I will not eat there again.
This experience was not a pleasurable one.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere