“Amazing food in a great location” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Market Place Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 644 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Continental, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Battery Park
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Asheville, The Market Place Restaurant specializes in handcrafted cuisine from seasonal, local ingredients, many of which come from within a 100 mile radius of Asheville. Bringing you the local harvest since 1979. Serving Dinner from 5:30pm, 7 days a week in our newly renovated restaurant. Brunch from 10:30am - 2:30pm on Saturdays & Sundays. Our classic American lounge serves local brews and handmade cocktails and is open until.
Balcombe
“Amazing food in a great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

With over 70 restaurants to choose from you're spoilt for choice, just so glad we picked this one. We shared a salad if rocket,strawberries, goats cheeses and an onion marmalade. Very simple but so scrummy. I had the pork special, which was cooked superbly and accompanied by pea purée, carrots and a berry jus it sound simple but the flavours were complex and just came together wonderfully. My fellow vegan diner had a spicy cauliflower served with black quinoa and green curry which she said was great if a little spicy for her palate. I couldn't resist the strawberry and lemon tart and so glad I didn't ..heavenly! And the waiter was hot, made my night!.

• Visited June 2014

Asheville, North Carolina
“A new favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I can't believe that I've lived in Asheville for going on a decade and have never tried this restaurant, despite the fact that I've dined at every other establishment on Wall Street. It was superb! From the atmosphere (love the lighting and slant in the chair backs), to the music (love any restaurant that plays Otis Redding), to the service (love any waiter who will point me in the right direction if I order a wine that might not best compliment the dish. Thanks, Leonardo). And I haven't even touched upon the magnificent food. I had the scallops small plate and the carrot and goat cheese ravioli entree. Each dish was perfectly executed down to the tiniest of details. If you order one dish, you have to order those scallops. From start to finish, it was a great experience. The Market Place will definitely be added to my rotation from here on out.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Asheville, North Carolina
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We shared the experience with another couple; all agreed it was a wonderful dining experience. Our server, Robertino, suggested a dry riesling, Kung Fu Girl, which paired well with our meals: two had trout, one had cauliflower curry & I had carrot puree/goat cheese ravioli. My husb. & I shared a creme brulee for dessert. We all raved about our food. Good musician played by the door; conversation level was comfortable. We've recommended this restaurant to all for a special treat. (It was our anniversary.)

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Fantastic and an alternative to Tapas Restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

We went to Asheville with the plan to eat at a Tapas restaurant. However, looking online at all the Tapas menus, we ultimately decided against those restaurants but instead chose The Market Place restaurant. The offered 'small plates' and 'large plates' with a much better variety than even the tapas restaurants. The restaurant is beautiful, the service was great and the food was fantastic. We ordered quite a few of the small plates so we could try many things. The soft shell crab special was great and so was the tuna, pickles, mac and cheese and salmon plates. This is the best restaurant we have eaten at in Asheville in a long, long time. Value for money was great. We will definitely be back. We were a family but saw couples and friends dining together as well. Perfect for all.

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“A welcome surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We were looking for a new place in Asheville and found this lovely restaurant on line. Decided to try it and were totally impressed. The food was absolutely delicious. One of the best things was the portion size. It was perfect for an evening meal. The beer was dark, cold and refreshing. The herbed french fries were delicious and so was the hand cut pappardelle according to my husband. A wonderful place to enjoy a meal. We will come back.