“A Fun Funky Find/Experience For Out-of-Towners With Limited Eating Options” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rosetta's Kitchen

Rosetta's Kitchen
116 North Lexington Avenue, Asheville, NC 28801-2905 (Downtown Asheville)
828-232-0738
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“A Fun Funky Find/Experience For Out-of-Towners With Limited Eating Options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Being out-of-town vegans in search of lunch in downtown Asheville, I had surfed the internet for possibly locations when we stumbled onto Rosetta's Kitchen. Admittedly, when we first drove up I was a BIT concerned with the run-down desolate entrance. (Although to be fair..I think we actually came in the back entrance!?) Inside was a nice surprise of bright, open comfortable seating and (we were happy to see) several other late lunch diners. The atmosphere is hip casual and super friendly folks. (I am not sure if its because we went during the day, but we didn't experience ANY of the "loud music" or "difficult atmosphere" described on other reviews)
I also noticed on other reviews it does seem to be "hit or miss" but can say on our particular visit it was spot on. Cute little young guy patiently explained how, what, where and included some of his own personal favorites. (which turned out to be spot on)

The Buddha Bowl plate was loaded with a fresh spring mix, organic brown long-grain rice, sea veggie salad, tomatoes, avocado and organic grilled organic smoky tofu, topped with a sweettangy tahini BBQ sauce. We also ordered the Organic Tofu Avocado Sandwich which was so good we placed a to-go order to take back to the hotel for a late night snack. (my new goal is to figure out the sauce used on the sandwhich!)
We also indulged on some fresh-baked vegan pastries that were really good. (also ended up taking extra pies to go! )

I think the menu has loads of items to chose, which was especially nice since our own hometown has only a few options for finding true vegan food.
On our visit: the service was excellent, the food really good and pricing fair for the amount of portion served. After a long weekend of bopping around Asheville and hitting several established vegan restaurants, I still ranked Rosetta's in my top 3 and will return.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Little over-rated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Not so great atmosphere, food or otherwise. If you are hard-core vegan and are running out of other options, only then you should go. Our burger had cold tofu filling, fries had lot of oil around and sitting was not comfortable either.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Saint Pete Beach, Florida
“I want to move to Asheville just so I can keep eating here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I had The Mountain featuring the Hara Tempeh and Korean BBQ sauce, came with brown rice and kale. I loved this dish. The wife got the Family Favorite with the Peanut Butter tofu. Her mission in life right now is to figure out how they get the peanut butter to stick to the tofu. The cornbread and gravy was amazing too. The slice of cornbread is huge. You can take it with some kale and have a very filling lunch. I wish I could take Rosetta's Kitchen with me everywhere I go.

Visited March 2013
Sultry South
“Okay food/ Terrible Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I ordered the peanut butter tofu. It came with mashed potatoes and greens. The meal was okay. I had high expectations for the peanut butter tofu based off of reviews from friends. Perhaps I went on an off day because I found the dish almost bland.
The table was sticky. The person who took our order had an unpleasant attitude which seemed to suggest she was doing us a favor by accepting our money and allowing us to eat there. I'm not saying that I won't ever return. It will be a long time before I do though.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Asheville, North Carolina
“Asheville Vegan Funkified”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

If you're looking for good vegan food at a reasonable price with a quintessential Asheville experience, this may be your place. Order your food at the counter and find a table. I am not a vegan, but their chili is great-especially when it's smothering their homemade fries.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere