“simple, easy, fast and delicious” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #155 of 628 restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Japanese
Fairview, North Carolina
“simple, easy, fast and delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I love Zen Sushi for the simple fact that I can meet friends and clients here for lunch with ample parking and a wonderful menu. I have a habit of sticking to things I like and honestly can share that I venture further into their roll menu than in other sushi joints.
They know me and have come to expect my moods (will order the old stand bus if gloomy or try something new if happy). I appreciate knowing staff in regular haunts.
The prices are still reasonable as in my mind too many sushi joints are getting uppity regarding pricing these days.

Visited May 2012

77% Recommend
Atlanta, GA
“Japanese in North Asheville”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Our first visit to Zen Sushi was not a total success, but it might have been our own fault. I like Japanese cuisine but my wife is not convinced. However, she finally agreed to visit Zen Sushi after having passed it by for years. It is located on the top floor of a two-story strip center along with several other restaurants. First mistake: since the weather was nice, we decided to eat outside on a balcony. We finally decided that the chairs were too low for the tables, but we were already settled in. Second problem: traffic noise from adjacent Merrimon Avenue seems to travel upward so it noisier up there on the balcony. The remedy to problems one and two -- sit inside -- it looked nice. Third problem: I have grown to despise the oh-so-common "How are you guys?" "What would you guys like to drink?" repertoire of servers trying to be your friends. Both our servers were OK, but cut the "you guys" from every sentence! But I digress... The food (sushi and soba noodle soup) was pretty good but not as tasty as what I have experienced from comparable Japanese restaurants in Atlanta. Prices were reasonable.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Loved it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Had lunch before going to Biltmore. Prices were very reasonable, and the food was delicious.

Visited April 2012
“Best sushi in AVL!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011 via mobile

We eat here at least 2-3 times a month. Family owned (also own Kubo's downtown) and they have watched our kids grow up there. The owner taught our infant at the time how to eat edamame and he is a pro at 5 now. Our 10 yo begs to go here to eat sushi every week. He is getting expensive for us. The owner always comes to chat with us probably because we are going to end up putting her kids through college at the rate we eat there.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Great sushi in a great place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

We visit Asheville about 4 times a year and even though Asheville has a ton of amazing restaurants, this is one we always visit when in town.

The passion roll is my favorite.

Great sushi at good prices. A must visit when in Asheville.

• Visited April 2011