“Comfort Food and Comfortable Atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Grovewood Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #200 of 644 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American, Continental
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Asheville, North Carolina
“Comfort Food and Comfortable Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

The Grovewood Cafe is where i go when i want to treat myself to a great meal at a reasonable price. I'm a local, and there are lots of good restaurants in Asheville, but i find myself choosing the Grovewood Cafe time and time again. i love the basket of mini rolls, the creamed corn (the roasted corn is great too!), the buffalo meat loaf, the trout, the omelette, etc., and the wine list has my favorite chardonnay by the glass.
The wait staff are friendly and knowledgeable, and i always leave feeling well nourished and satisfied. i am VERY picky about where i put my dining out dollars, and the Grovewood Cafe is worth every dollar i spend there.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fort Myers, FL
“What a wonderful surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

We were unable to get a reservation at GPI before 900pm so they suggested Grovewood Cafe. Well, after an impossible trip through the hotel to find the restaurant when we finally got there I suggested that we check the menu first before we commit to staying for dinner. Reluctently I agreed to stay...and was I blown away! What a welcome retreat from the noise and commotion at the hotel. Beautiful soft music by Sinatra, Tony Bennett, etc. certainly contributed to the ambiance. It was as if we had stepped into a different world. Then our food arrived....the scallops were tender and amazing, however, my filet was over the top tender and delicious! Then we find that there is a shuttle to and from the hotel and our 20 minute trek wasn't necessary! It was definitely a wonderful surprise!

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“What a delicious surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

Last weekend we stumbled upon the Grovewood Cafe near Grove Park Inn Resort. We had dinner on Saturday night and the food was delicious. The trout, scallops and pulled pork were all cooked to perfection. The ambiance was perfect reminding us of Hansel & Gretel's house with some beautiful wind sculptures lovely garden seating. All five girls decided this was just perfect so we booked Sunday brunch there as well. My husband is a Chef so I am very picky about where I dine. He actually joined us for brunch and sang the Grovewood's Chef kudos. Try the fried green tomato benedict...what a treat! It was our first visit but it won't be our last. The staff made us feel right at home.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good food, atmosphere lacking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

The food was very good and the service was excellent. I thought the pricing was appropriate. The atmosphere needs to be updated. I sat on one chair and it went down so far that I had to switch chairs. I was told by way of explanation that the chairs are 18 years old, no apology.

• Visited May 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Greenville, South Carolina
“Best food in the South! Hands down.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

Let's start with the food, words cannot describe how delicious this food is. We eat here every year over Mother's Day weekend. Last year we ate there 3 times in a 48 hour period. This year was no different. There is nothing on their menu that you will not thoroughly enjoy. I have recommended this restaurant to countless people and none have ever been disappointed. Now let's move onto the service, George the waiter is one of a kind. The best in his field if you will. He is humorous, courteous, attentive, and there is nothing you will want for because he is always one step ahead of you with the water pitcher or wine pouring. We love you George!

From your very dedicated patrons,

Allison, Bethany, Becky, Krista, Wendy Jo, Leigh, and Lee