“Happy Birthday to Me!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vincenzo's Asheville

Vincenzo's Asheville
10 North Market Street, Asheville, NC 28801-2908 (Downtown Asheville)
828-254-4698
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Vincenzo's Asheville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #184 of 653 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: College
Description: For over twenty-two years, Vincenzo's has been an institution in Ashevile's vibrant, downtown restaurant scene. Providing award winning food and service, live local music nightly and both white tablecloth and Bistro style service has allowed us to survive and thrive. We hope you come and build a wonderful memory with us soon.
Asheville, North Carolina
“Happy Birthday to Me!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Went to Vincenzo's to celebrate my 65th birthday. Admittedly, I am now officially a little old lady, but I thought it was great. We got there early and were seated upstairs immediately. Very attentive waiter, food was delectable. Interesting old building. Did not care for the piano music but it is barely audible upstairs. Busy Friday in tourist season with several tables of large groups. This is NOT a fast food restaurant. If you do not have time to enjoy food that is carefully prepared you would do better elsewhere. Was very pleasantly surprised to be treated to a sumptuous piece of tiramisu in honor of my birthday.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
vinpiano, Owner at Vincenzo's Asheville, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for spending your birthday with us — I'm so flattered! Happy to hear that your food and service were up to par; you deserve the best on your birthday! Thank you for your feedback and the insight into your special evening. The tiramisu is waiting for you next time you come back (but please don't wait until next year!).

Thanks again,

Asheville, North Carolina
“The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Nothing less than perfection ... food, service, live music ... thanks for never letting me down ... I love this place ...

Visited June 2013
vinpiano, Owner at Vincenzo's Asheville, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
"Nothing less than perfection" is exactly what we aim to be. Thank you so very much for the kind review, Anna! We hope to see you again soon.

Kentucky
“Pasta and piano”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The hotel recommended this place and so glad I listened. Went in on a Saturday night. The dining room was full upstairs but downstairs had some room in the piano bar area where Steve played keys and serenaded our meal. And the meal... Wow! Bread with Parmesan dipping oil that was good enough to drink and perfectly cooked pasta in a puscanella sauce that I won't soon forget. Tip of the hat to helpful servers as well.

Visited July 2013
vinpiano, Owner at Vincenzo's Asheville, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Nothing makes bread a little tastier than our parmesan dipping oil — and nothing makes a meal better than a little piano music. It's great to hear that you had such a wonderful evening with us! We hope that next time you're in Asheville, you'll join us again.

Jackson TN
“Terrible Experience. Don't waste your time.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We had wanted to try Vincenzo's for some time so when two friends came into town we decided to go. This was on June 30, 2013. We were seated upstairs and given water by hostess. For the next ten minutes at least three servers passed by our table without saying a word. Finally a server named Tim came to our table and with a big sigh said he would be our server. He said he would be back with bread in a minute. He did not take our order, offer drinks, or apologize for the delay. We didn't see him for another five minutes. At this point we left. Understand they were not understaffed. There were three servers and only seven parties total. On the way out I attempted to complain to the hostess. She literally turned her back on me. All I can say is that these people are exceedingly rude. Do not go here. Do not waste your time. We went to Asheville Brewery and Pizza. Great service and food there.

Visited June 2013
vinpiano, Owner at Vincenzo's Asheville, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Beth, I have already responded to you on Yelp, but I will reiterate here. Please feel free to message me so that we can set the record straight on this.

We are very sorry to hear that your service was anything less than outstanding. It's disappointing for me because we take such pride in our team. We think they really are the best in Asheville, though it sounds like we really missed the mark this time around. It's hard for me to say what happened when you visited last month, but I will definitely discuss your comments with the staff to ensure that we are more consistently professional in the future.

“Very disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Our party of two had a reservation for 8:00, yet we still waited 20 minutes for our table. Once seated it took our waiter 15 min to greet us. My friend's eggplant was hard & cold, my saltimbocca was just okay. The piano was a nice touch.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
vinpiano, Owner at Vincenzo's Asheville, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
It's disappointing to hear that your meal with us was anything less than spectacular. A long wait and subpar food are simply unacceptable, and I'm sorry to hear our team missed the mark so widely. You can be sure that I will discuss your comments with the kitchen and the staff to ensure that we grow in the right direction henceforth. So thank you for the feedback, it will definitely be helpful in the future.