“Go Veggie!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 644 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American, Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Oslo, Norway
“Go Veggie!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

During a week visit to Asheville, I was recommended Laughing Seed Cafe (and I am not a Vegetarian). I enjoyed it so much that I went back a second time and brought 2 friends!
Pleasant service and the best vegetarian food I have ever had. The menu was innovative and big. I had a Thai dish the first time and a "Tex-Mex"ish the second time. Delicious!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Charleston, SC
“Delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We dined outside on a nice patio. The food was very good and service was attentive and pleasant. We would definately return.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Vegetarian food for the most die hard carnivore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We aren't vegetarian but we fancied something non-meaty for a change and the food at this place was AMAZING. I had a tofu Chinese dish which was better than anything I had ever eaten in a Chinese restaurant. It was so well flavoured that I could almost identify each spice in it!

Bisbee, Arizona
“Miserable bartender ruined it before we started.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten many wonderful meals at Laughing Seed Cafe for well over a decade and enjoyed excellent service. However, not today. We opted to sit at the bar. The not-busy bartender could not be bothered to look up and acknowledge us for about two minutes. She asked if we were getting take out and then sighed audibly when we said we were eating there. Upon serving a glass of water and asking if we wanted additional drinks , she rolled her eyes when I ordered a Bloody Mary because she had to go get more mixer. At that point we decided to leave. Very poor way to treat customers.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Clearwater, Florida
“Healthy and pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

A great little place for a healthy lunch. The menu is just different enough to be unusual. The service was good and the plates were more than adequate.