“Go for the Beer and Movie then leave immediately.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Asheville Pizza & Brewing Co.

Asheville Pizza & Brewing Co.
675 Merrimon Ave, Asheville, NC 28804
828.254.1281
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #148 of 653 Restaurants in Asheville
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Cherokee, North Carolina
“Go for the Beer and Movie then leave immediately.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

That is your warning. Go there for a movie and some awesome beer and leave it there. Please read for further explanation, or save yourself the time and heed my warning.
Menu subject to Bar Tender/Cook/Server/Manager Interpretation...
... and rest assured that not everyone who works here has the same comprehension level.
After placing an order that included 4 movie tickets, 2 appetizers, 2 pastas, 2 burgers, 3 or 4 "specialty" higher priced beers and 2 drinks plus tipping 17%, our order totaled a bit heavy on the 80.00 dollar side. Not bad for dinner and a movie for 4 people, right? Right.
We sat on the restaurant side. We asked the waitress if we ordered through her could our food be sent into the theatre area and would we still receive service? Yes, she assured us but she would need to take our entire order and close out the ticket so it could be sent back. Heck, I don't work there so I assumed she was correct. So basically we place this order To Go style, I go ahead and tip her 17%, which I believe to be reasonable since we haven't actually received more than our drinks.
We go inside the theatre...long story short, appetizer 1 was cold, appetizer 2 is clearly not served as stated on menu...we mention this to the bartender and she just sorta...stares at us. We say, it says all nachos are served with salsa and sour cream. Check the menu. Check it online, right now. We ordered "Totchos" which are clearly listed as the last Nacho offering on the Nacho menu. She wouldn't even GIVE us the salsa if we paid extra, LOL Ok, Ok, we will just over look it because well, we are watching a movie. Main courses arrive. Our waitress, whom we never saw again once entering the theatre, really misrepresented serving size of the pasta to my daughters. Their plates each held a bit less than a can of Chef Boyardee. My kids words, not mine. Ok, no big deal, not everyone eats as much as my sizes 0 & 3 teenage daughters. Hubby and I get these EPIC freaking burgers (server's words, not ours) and are almost as disappointed as our girls. Mine has the wrong side item, and no added grilled onions, and hubby's seems sadly un-epic...they are about 1/8 of an inch thick and very, very gray. We ordered a special that had promised a red wine marinated grilled beef patty... anyway, hubby bit into his...and it was so well cooked (not grilled mind you, just...hot water bathed, I guess) that it broke into chunks...not chunks indicated by teeth marks, but dragging apart from sinewy over dry beef clumping. I asked him how the marinade was and he just rolled his eyes. He had went up earlier and asked for the missing items... which we still don't have by the time everyone except myself is halfway finished with their respective and disappointing meals. Ok, at this point I am getting a bit miffed and walked (hahahaha, glad I tipped that chick so well) my plate back up, a guy I guess happens to be the manager is there, and I just simply tell him I want my money back for my portion of the bill. He asks why...I tell him several things are horrible and outright wrong about our ticket, but I do not want to raise a fuss and just give me my ten or so bucks for my untouched burger. He asks what is wrong, I say it's very over cooked, he says, well your server must have failed to mention that our burgers are VERY thin. I say, well, its the wrong side and missing grilled onions. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal but we have felt sorta cheated since closing out our bill and the burger is the last straw...just give me my ten bucks back. He then proceeds to pull up my ticket and show me how I am wrong about what I ordered. My plate matches my ticket. Well, sure it does...but I cannot help how the server entered it...I am only responsible for telling you what I want...that's sorta the whole premise of restauranteering, no? All the while the same wide eyed, mute waif whose mind nearly melted earlier at the thought of salsa, is all behind this guy and glaring at me. Soprano. Finally, in order to keep from losing my temper I say, Look, the service was misleading, apparently your own menu is incorrect, and quiet frankly this burger just sucks and I don't wanna pay for this on top of every other unenjoyable thing I have paid for since I walked through the door, including this darn movie I haven't been able to stay in my seat long enough to watch because we can't get a darn thing right from your side of the bar. He finally "got it" and refunded me the money for the burger plate. In all reality, we should have at least gotten a new set of movie tickets and maybe a free appetizer for the next trip but... this place doesn't seem to operate like other, functioning restaurants. I mean, we were out 70 bucks, everyone was still hungry and my husband and I missed much of the movie. The only thing I can figure with all of these excellent reviews is that the truly EXCELLENT beers offered there sorta gives reviewers special goggles with which to look back upon their visit with. It almost did me, for sure...until this morning when I heard my teenage daughter planning a date and saying...EWWW gross no, I HATE Asheville Pizza...we ate there last weekend and my stuff was cold and I was still hungry even after my dinner!
So, just follow my warning, save yourself $70.00 and eat before you get there. The beer will warp your perception of the subpar movie viewing area.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Seneca, South Carolina
“Great Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

All different kinda of pizzas, ate with a family of 10 and we ordered 4 different pizzas, all were good. They have good appetizers as well; wings, mozzarella sticks, etc. Will definitely be returning.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Asheville, North Carolina
“Took 45 minutes to get our pizza order”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We were there with 13 other people and there were a few other large groups, but it seemed as if they could only cook one party's pizza order at one time. There was only one waitress for the whole big game room area, and while she did the best she could, we shall never go back even though they have the best pizza in town. We have had better luck at the downtown location, and will try them again.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Asheville, North Carolina
“Like being assaulted?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

So, I went to this place with some friends, all of us film critics....we order some pizza and a pitcher of beer for the three of us. We sit down, eat our meal, and are having a great time watching the movie and criticizing the horrible cinematographer who made this b list film. So my friend gets up to order another round, and the old man who is sitting in front of us gets up and attacks my friend who is at the line ordering. They raise their voices, I notice and walk that way to see what is wrong.... another man from the audience, sitting behind us, rushes me and throws me against the wall stating that I am ruining the movie for him and his wife. I apologize and tell him that we can move so we don't bother him.....he walks away shouting profanity..... We did nothing but discuss the film in a considerate manner, while finding humor. (we are awful people).....obviously. The manager walked up to access the situation and discusses the situation with us momentarily. Refunded our $3 for the movie.... and does not care that I was assaulted. We leave the theater, because I am almost in tears over being thrown into a wall, when the manager does not care to find the individual who did so.... I should have called the cops (shame on me) but I did not want to ruin the movie for the other 20 people in the theater since I was such a bother....

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Yummy, family-friendly and very accommodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We made a reservation for 17 and they were able to accommodate us in the game room, which was extra nice. My son was able to play games while we waited for our food. The staff was very friendly and the food was really good.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere