“Good sushi” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“Good sushi”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We came across this place when we were actually on the way to another sushi place. Our original destination was closed so we decided to give this one a try.

The sushi was good, but not what I would consider excellent. The waitress never refilled our water glasses and generally seemed to be having a bad day. There were lots of empty seats, which seemed strange to me since every other restaurant we had tried so far had been crowded.

We ordered chicken satay, but did not receive any peanut sauce with it. Since my daughter was the one actually eating it and would not have eaten the peanut sauce anyway, I did not ask about it. I would have liked to have tried it myself though.

With so many choices for sushi in Asheville, I probably will not return here.

Visited June 2013

Asheville, North Carolina
“Super Oriential”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

For years, great Oriental food was lacking in Asheville. Recently a number of outstanding Oriential/Japanese restaurants have opened in Asheville. None better than Champa. The seafood eggplant with garlic sauce is exquisite. Prices are right and the service very competent and pleasant.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hertford, North Carolina
“Thai Cuisine without the tourist trap prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The seating and decor brought zen like quality to a fine meal that was as artistic as it was edible. The quality of service was so good, that If not for the bill at the end of the meal l would have thought I was at my friends house and his trophy wife was serving Thai.

Visited February 2013