“Absolutely stunning work!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 72 Shopping in Asheville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Brian Boggs is an internationally acclaimed chairmaker with over 30 years of fine woodworking experience. He and his team of craftsmen handcraft heirloom-quality furniture with a focus on design, craftsmanship, and sustainability. Visit our gallery, sit in our chairs, and see for yourself why Brian Boggs designs are considered by many to be the most comfortable wooden chairs in the world.
Statesboro, Georgia
100 attraction reviews
“Absolutely stunning work!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Here art is married to function to create the most beautiful and comfortable furniture imaginable. Original pieces are displayed right there where the creations are made. Melanie runs the shop and is always ready to talk and give a tour. Brian teaches a few classes when he has time, but just seeing his ideas in action is a pleasure.
It may seem a bit off the beaten path, but it's WORTH it!

Visited October 2013

3 attraction reviews
“Beautiful works of art”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by here today after reading reviews on Trip advisor. Melanie warmly welcomed us and gave us a very nice informative tour. Furniture is gorgeous and very comfortable, made with love and care. Impressed with Brian's tools he made himself to help with chair making.

Visited September 2013
Houston, Texas
“The Principle of Process”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I happened on Brian Boggs' showroom and shop our first day in Asheville. I have always been interested in wood furniture and furniture making, so it was really special to stumble on such a great place and experience. We were awed by the craftsmanship, no artistry, of Brian's pieces. I feel I can call him by his first name, because he graciously spent close to an hour answering all of our questions and allowing us to get to know and appreciate not only the work, but the artist as well. Brian was a delight to visit with as we discussed the different beautiful woods used, why different species were appropriate for different components of each piece of furniture, and the manner in which the parts were designed, shaped, assembled and finished. Our tour of the work shop and being able to witness works in progress was extremely interesting to me, and the old building which houses the shop is in itself quite interesting. We definitely recommend a visit if you're in the Biltmore Village area.

Visited September 2013
Peoria,IL
“A Fun Place to Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife, her cousin and I visited the Brian Boggs collective while on vacation near Asheville one week ago. I knew of Brian through magazine articles and PBS appearances on the Woodwright’s Shop so I made appoint of stopping by to see his displayed pieces at his collective. The first person to greet me was Melanie. She encouraged me to sit in everything, which I did. But there was an open door to the shop and I could not keep from sticking my head in the work area and that was fascinating.
Brian saw me and invited me into the workshop. He took the time to show me a Lily chair he was currently making. I have seen pictures of Brian’s Lily joinery but it is even more impressive when you see and hold the unassembled pieces. A lot of time and thought went into the design and fabrication of these chairs.
Brian and Melanie were both very accommodating in answering our question and sharing information about the cooperative, working with the people of Central America and sharing how a fallen tree from the Biltmore found its way into his shop.
After our return home my wife commented that the personal visit with Brian and Melanie was one of the favorite memories of the trip to Asheville. So when coming to Asheville I encourage you to see the furniture at the Boggs Collective.

Visited August 2013
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Delightful visit and tour of shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I visited Melanie and Brian at the shop on a Monday afternoon a couple of weeks ago. They welcomed us in to view Brian's work and their shop. It was interesting to get a glimpse of how Brian works and see the beautiful furniture which he and his team create there. Brian's attention to detail and the love he has for wood and his work are evident by the quality of his finished products. The Boggses give tours usually every afternoon at 4. We were probably there for about an hour. It is always best to call ahead to be certain they aren't doing a rush job. Suzie W, Gaithersburg, MD

Visited July 2013
Melanie M, Owner at Brian Boggs Chairmakers, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Susie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We so enjoyed your visit and hope you will stop by again next time you visit our little mountain town.

Thanks again.