“Nice dining room for a mall location.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #422 of 633 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Asian
Asheville, NC
“Nice dining room for a mall location.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Food was unfortunitely very average. We both had the "Stir Fry Bar" (not really sure why they call it a bar as food is prepared out of sight in the kitchen). Vegetables and chicken were properly cooked and presentation was good however, the sauces in both dishes were rather bland which left both meals wanting. Our server was new and on his last training shift and did an adequate job. I doubt we would try this again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

51% Recommend
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great Sushi! Great price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This was our family's first visit to Wild Wok. I ordered the Sashimi for $24, but since I came in before 6pm it was 1/2 off. My husband ordered the Sushi platter and my girls ordered the Tuna Rolls and California rolls. The service was VERY attentive. The servers were on top of things and were ready to answer any questions we had. The restaurant looked clean as did the bathrooms. Our sushi came in a timely manner, the presentation was good, and the food was excellent. We will be going back again very soon. I am very familiar with Asian food. I grew up in San Francisco in an Asian neighborhood. Korean BBQ, Chinese, Thai, and Japanese food all within 2 blocks of my home and I worked in a Cambodian restarant for a few years. This is a great place, try it.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Blue Ridge, GA
“Asian Mall Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was a surprise. Normally, "chinese" food in the mall stinks. This was very nice. I had the "Bento Box" for lunch which gave me several choices. I chose steamed rice, seaweed salad, Beef and Broccoli, and a spicy tuna roll for $9.95. Everything was freshly cooked. There was a bit too much sauce on the Beef and Broccoli but I dealt with it by letting it drip off. What matters is that the beef was tender with no gristly bits and the broccoli was not mushy from being overcooked. The sushi roll was typical but nice. I would go back for again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Asheville, North Carolina
“Good food, nice people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The food was good, the place was clean, the people were very nice. What more could I ask for in a Mall-area restaurant? We ordered only vegetarian selections and they were cooked nicely, not over or underdone, had good flavors and they contained enough veggies. The dishes were simple, not knock-your-socks-off special or unique, but definitely good, and the prices are reasonable. The brown rice is nice, not all places serve it at all, and they did it right. I won't make a special trip just for this place, but I'll stop in again when I'm in the area.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Venice, Florida
“Great place, never a bad meal..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I dont know what "Shanadad" has with this place i have been there many many times and they have hit a home run ever time!!!Shanadad are you a food expert???Im from NY and have eaten in china town all my life, WILD WOK is as good as any place back at home. As far as them not offering you a drink in their first week, they did not have the bar open until week 3 so they could not offer you any thing! Its a great place to get some good food and drink while your out shopping or running around town...

• Visited January 2013