“Great Service and warm Atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

+1 828-575-2667
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chestnut is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 653 Restaurants in Asheville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Chestnut is an American restaurant. We are in a 1920s era building in downtown Asheville, right across for the Aloft hotel and the double decker coffee bus (Double D's Coffee and Desserts). Parking is plentiful (and cheap) at the public deck under the Aloft Hotel.
“Great Service and warm Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We knew we wanted a nice dessert and a few drinks. Also, we wanted something the kids would enjoy too. Well, their homemade ice cream is a must. They had a hazelnut ice cream that reminded me of velvety gelato. The drinks were great. We didn't know this, but Wednesdays are 1/2 price bottles of wine. PERFECT!!! A couple beers and a bottle of wine to take home. The service was great and we walked in during a shift change. Totally accommodating. Also, if they have it on the menu, get the chocolate souffle. Can't go wrong.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Asheville, North Carolina
“Great addition to Downtown restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

It's run by the same people who started Corner Kitchen restaurant which I love and is one of the best breakfasts in WNC. I was actually expecting to be disappointed by Chestnut, but they were really good.

I had a cedar-something something salmon and the lobster bisque. Both were delicious and fit the price. Very relaxed vibe inside. Downtown has A LOT of great restaurants. Chestnut is now on that list.

Visited April 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
“Lunch was lovely!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

This was my first visit to Chestnut and what a wonderful experience it was! The ginger sweet potato soup was delicious! And the Reuben was stacked with lean corned beef. Our waiter was so attentive even though he had to work several tables. And let's not forget the atmosphere! I will definitely go back when visiting Asheville!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cochiti Lake, New Mexico
“The coconut milk/curry soup is to die for!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I've dined at Chestnut six times and will continue to return. I love the beet salad and the spinach salad. And, as I've mentioned, the coconut milk/curry soup is the best soup I've ever had and I have worked in upscale dining for over 20 years. That said, I'm quite critical of service. Until my last visit, I was very pleased.

Our female server had to ask us to repeat our requests as if she wasn't paying attention. She brought more hot water for tea after being told no more was wanted, and she missed several details such as not bringing sour cream as requested. My mother wondered if she had a hearing problem. Perhaps.

Don't get me wrong - I'm a big fan. And I did see great floor coverage by friendly management.
Go to Chesnut, order the beet salad and trust the soup of the day. Cheers!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Virginia
“Great service and even better food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I visit Chestnut frequently for dinner and am never dissappointed. This week I visited for Saturday brunch. The house smoked brisket was some of the best I've ever eating. Truly melt in your mouth!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere