“Relax and enjoy” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #45 of 102 Activities in Asheville
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience a unique oasis, a salt enriched microclimate which allows the body and mind to gain relaxation, rehabilitation and balance. The power of salt therapy has been known for centuries to be beneficial in the treatment of respiratory ailments, cardiovascular issues, nervous system disorders, skin problems and digestive complaints. Come experience a special place for rest and healing. We offer massages, energy healing sessions, hot salt stone massages, and Aromatherapy Salt Glow service.
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
11 attraction reviews
“Relax and enjoy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We visited the salt cave in Asheville on our recent trip. My wife and I spend an hour in the cave room all by ourselves. It was very relaxing and restfull.

I did not notice any significant changes, but understand that it can take several visits until you notice benefits. Regardless, it was a worthwhile and pleasant break from the routine. I would definately visit again if I had the chance.

Visited November 2013
525AJB, Owner at Asheville Salt Cave, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Thank you for visiting our cave and taking the time to write a review. We are glad you found our space inviting and restful. Each persons experience is different depending on the need of their individual bodies. Some people are so toxic that they feel an immediate effect after leaving the session others feel it the next day and some will gain more by visiting more frequently. Each persons needs and experiences are different but each session is beneficial to all who come be it just for stress relief or pure relaxation.

Denton, Texas
20 attraction reviews
“Tranquil Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My wife, a close friend and I enjoyed a 45 minute meditative visit in the salt cave. The lighting and design of the "cave" are quite unique and provide the perfect environment for relaxation. I am not a huge fan of meditation and I spent a few moments poking around in the cave to see how they'd put it all together. A truly unique environment and neat experience. While I did feel some of the throat dryness and irritation mentioned in the literature - this quickly dissipated. One would probably have to visit this environment more than once to truly recognize any actual health benefits other than those gained from relaxation. Definitely worth checking out, look at the book in the lobby / waiting area about the history of Salt caves and Salt cave mining - it has some neat pictures and good information.

Visited September 2013
525AJB, Owner at Asheville Salt Cave, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank your for your review, We are pleased that you enjoyed your meditative session in the cave. Each person is different and some people do find benefits with just one session other than pure relaxation. We recommend a series of visits to address specific issues. We look forward to having you visit with us again,next time you are in the area.
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
“Absolutely fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

So, every year, I get together with my sorority sisters. We've been doing this since we graduated, over 20 years ago. It is something that we all look forward to every year. Shedding our jobs, our husbands, our children and all other responsibilities, we get to just be ourselves. Since we are all scattered across the country, each year we pick a city and all fly in. This year it was Asheville and we were not disappointed. When I read about the salt cave, I knew we had to do it. We booked a private 1-hour session and it turned out to be the highlight of everyone's weekend, and also the only time that we were actually quiet. This is a MUST if you are ever in Asheville.

Visited April 2013
525AJB, Owner at Asheville Salt Cave, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for including our salt cave as part of your "reunion" time in Asheville. We are so delighted that you enjoyed your experience and time spent relaxing in our salt therapy facility. Asheville has been a place for rest and healing since the early 1900's and we are pleased to be able to bring a piece of that rich history to our clients today. The climate in our cave is conducive to relaxation, rejuvenation, as well as, healing. We hope you and your friends will come back to Asheville and visit us again.
Sarasota, Florida
6 attraction reviews
“Never felt so relaxed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I experienced a sea salt scrub & a massage followed by 45 min in the salt cave. After the massage I felt like a piece of jello and after sitting in the salt cave I experienced a level of relaxation I have never felt before. I was pleasantly surprised! I have had massages at many spas over the years, but this place was so different I can only describe it as exceptional!

Visited September 2013
525AJB, Owner at Asheville Salt Cave, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are so pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your combination sea salt scrub, massage and cave session. Our aim is to bring relaxing health benefits to our clients and it appears that we have succeeded. We look forward to seeing you next time you are visiting Ashevile
Villa General Belgrano, Argentina
3 attraction reviews
“Healing!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I can say without a doubt this is a healing place. I took my daughter for a session, she came down with a chest congestion that had moved to her head, she has some upper respiratory issues and
when she has had something like a cold it always will move to her chest. Well, I took her in and the afternoon after the session she felt much better, her chest opened up and did not need any breathing treatment (nebulizations), her head and nose stuff literally dried up. I took her in the next day since it helped so much and again we saw even more results. This is our new healing place!!!!

Visited August 2013
525AJB, Owner at Asheville Salt Cave, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
We are delighted to hear that your daughter had such a positive experience in our healing space. The high concentration of sole which fills the cave and helps create the healing environment helps the cilia in the lungs to work harder to help break up congestion. The negative ions emitted by the salt rocks help to rebalance the body. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we hope to have you visit with us again next time you are in Asheville.