“O M G” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
New York
“O M G”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I'm a city slicker who'd never been to one if these joints. What can I say? That it was dirty? That it was greasy? That every patron near me smelled like cigarettes? That the food was cheap? That it tasted awful? Ok. That about sums it up.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

72% Recommend
“Food with a server who begged me for money basically.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Ok so here is the deal. Every Christmas i visit Eaffle House a couple times and always plan on leaving a tip equal to the same price or allot more than the meal as these employees are usually down and out and really work hard.

So the waitress we got already had a bad attitude and messed up our order on a few things. But then she goes into this story about how she is a single mother supporting two children.. Yada Yada . It was how she was going about it. It was obvious she wanted a big tip.

Of course I tipped her what I had planned to do anyway $20.00 on an $8.00 meal. I think she really missed out on the blessing of being surprised and she would not have had do all that work begging.

I'm not saying her story was not true and I still feel bad for her but she probably should not be soliciting customers. Of course it's Waffle House and you never know what's going to happen. That's what makes it fun!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere