“CLOSED MARCH 2013” 1 of 5 stars
Review of chelsea's cafe and tea room - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
chelsea's cafe and tea room
6 Boston Way, Asheville, NC
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Charlotte, NC
“CLOSED MARCH 2013”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Chelsea's Tea Room is closed as of March 2013. Although the sign on the door states that they are looking for a new location, none has been located yet.

So sad - this was the heart of downtown Biltmore Village. All that's left is a few independent stores and a bunch of chain stores (think Chico's and Ann Taylor).

Biltmore Village is depressing now. Shop at the independents and avoid the chains.

Visited April 2013

North Carolina
“Wonderful Tea Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is one of my favorite places to visit in Asheville. The service is always excellent and the food is incredible! They also have a wonderful selection of teas. My mom, sisters, and I come here and celebrate birthdays often and love to have any excuse to visit. This is a must for all tea lovers!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lutz, Florida
“Quaint Asheville Tea Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had shopped at Chelsea's in the Biltmore Village several times in the past, and we often walked through, but had never tried the tea room. A lot of tea rooms have shops inside, but this one somehow seems more like a shop with a tea room inside. I believe they had expanded the tea room since our previous visit, but it still seemed a little cramped for our party of 6. The decor is quite well done, the food is good ( the dessert portions are huge). and the service is great. Chelsea's in the Village is a nice place to have tea and lunch in a beautiful part of a wonderful town.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New England
“A true tea room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stopped here for lunch before going to tour the Biltmore estate, in part because the line at the Corner Restaurant across the street was just too long. I had a very nice salad and my companion ordered soup and a half sandwich. I think my salad was more successful than my friend's lunch, but both were good, if a bit pricey.

Visited December 2012
NC
“Cozy place with tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We go lucky and just walked in without a reservation for Sunday brunch and got a table for 3. We beat the crowds at 11:30. The gravy biscuits with fruit were enjoyed by my sons and I enjoyed the quiche and fruit. The service was very good too!

Visited December 2012