“A true tea room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of chelsea's cafe and tea room - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
chelsea's cafe and tea room
6 Boston Way, Asheville, NC
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
New England
“A true tea room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stopped here for lunch before going to tour the Biltmore estate, in part because the line at the Corner Restaurant across the street was just too long. I had a very nice salad and my companion ordered soup and a half sandwich. I think my salad was more successful than my friend's lunch, but both were good, if a bit pricey.

NC
“Cozy place with tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We go lucky and just walked in without a reservation for Sunday brunch and got a table for 3. We beat the crowds at 11:30. The gravy biscuits with fruit were enjoyed by my sons and I enjoyed the quiche and fruit. The service was very good too!

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Tea Room with oomph.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We had a late lunch at Chelsea's and were thrilled with the food and the service. Not only did they have an excellent choice of teas, but the soups and sandwiches were outstanding, and the service fast and efficient.

Danville, Ky
“Afternoon tea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

The tea room was charming, and the food was delicious. My only complaint was the ratio of sweet and savory. I was expecting more sandwiches, but the sweets outweighed the savory.

Visited November 2012
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
“Great little quaint cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We all had a glass of wine and because it was spitting rain and some of us had left our umbrellas at home, our server heard this and brought several of them(so cute) to our table which, of course, we purchased. Others were having high tea which looked delicious!

Visited November 2012