“Very nice artwork!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 65 Attractions in Asheville
Type: Specialty Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: Grovewood Gallery is a fine crafts destination that showcases traditional and contemporary crafts, all handmade by American artisans. We feature jewelry, pottery, glass, fiber art, ironwork, and outdoor sculpture, as well as an extensive collection of studio furniture and fine wood art. Grovewood is located in a beautiful historic setting, adjacent to The Omni Grove Park Inn in North Asheville. We are family owned and operated. Also located on the Grovewood grounds are the Estes-Winn Antique Car Museum, the North Carolina Homespun Museum, Grovewood Studios (working artist studios), and the Grovewood Cafe. Free parking for patrons is available.
Graniteville, South Carolina
11 attraction reviews
“Very nice artwork!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

The artwork displayed was beautiful and I was amazed by the craftsmanship! I was initially put off by the store clerks greeting everyone else that came through the doors, but totally ignored my husband and I. Despite that, I enjoyed the display.

Visited June 2014

Atlanta
78 attraction reviews
“Best gallery in Asheville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We did the whole art scene in Asheville. This remains our favorite gallery with a great selection of local arts and mountain craft. Tip - excellent free antique car museum next door.

Visited June 2014
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
“Estes-winn antique cars”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We visited here last year and enjoyed the cars on show. I took photos of them all and then lost my camera. On this return visit to Asheville we made a point of going again.
The cars are delightful and the descriptions on each stand provide interesting information on the history as well as some technical details. Many also employ quirky humour which will make you smile. There is something for everyone since even non petrol heads will surely enjoy the nostalgia. I did and I am not American, but of an age that many of the vehicles were familiar from movies and particularly film noir. A visiting family asked me to take photographs as they posed as gangsters. Fun. I also have a new set of photographs to take home.
It is a charming, unfussy little place and simply delightful to visit even for a half hour.
The admission is free, the staff is extremely friendly. Please leave a donation, it is so worth it.

Visited May 2014
Asheville, North Carolina
6 attraction reviews
“Intriguing artisans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

The artisans that are represented here have a unique view of the world, I think. There are many useful pieces here, and some purely decorative, but all are quietly elegant. We also had lunch at the little restaurant next door, which was equally wonderful.

Visited August 2013
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
15 attraction reviews
“Plenty to agree upon here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

My husband and I had some time to kill before we played golf at the Park Grove Inn, so we stopped at this welcoming store and museum. We rarely agree on art so it was a real surprise when we agreed on so many beautiful pieces. The Arts and Crafts pieces were particularly well done. Many local artists are represented. We purchased three items, including a wind sculpture which were shipped to our home. No problems with shipping whatsoever.

The staff were very helpful and lots of fun. Be sure to make time to come to the Grovewood Gallery when you visit Asheville.

Visited April 2014