“Excellent Catering!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dessert
Asheville, North Carolina
“Excellent Catering!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Attending a symphony fund raiser today (Feb. 18, 2013 ) we were presented a wonderful lunch. The croissants, quiches , tarts and petit fours were big hits with the crowd. When we were told that they were made by Karen Donatelli , most everyone there admitted we were regular customers of her cafe and bakery.
We eat there weekly and believe she is the best baker Asheville has to offer.
Bon Appetit !

92% Recommend
greenville, sc
“The real deal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This place is awesome, last trip to asheville we made our first visit in by chance to get out of the cold... we will 100% be back. We ordered an eclair that was incredible, very delicate and delicious, & we had some excellent coffee - haven't had a latte that perfect in a long time. The only thing you will regret by dropping in this place is that you don't have more calories to spend on all the tasty looking tarts, pastries, and cakes. Equipped with an awesome atmosphere, chefs hard at work in traditional cooking jackets and hats, and beyond excellent food makes this place a "can't miss" establishment in my book!

• Visited February 2013
WNC
“great pastry, so-so service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stopped here for a pastry and coffee one day last week with my 10-month-old. I was waited on initially and got my order and then was ignored the rest of the time. The couple at the next table was offered coffee refills which were brought to their table, but I was not, nor I was acknowledged when I left. There were other customers there but it was not especially busy. Perhaps it was not the place to go with a chatty baby but I have to say that this kind of service really irks me.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Stepped in out of the cold...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Basicly stepped in to escape the cold and warmed up with tea and pastries. Beautiful cakes and deserts...great hot tea. Love this place.

Fairview, NC
“Buche de Noel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

A Show Stopper! I just discovered Karen Donatelli Cake Designs this weekend when her Yule Log was served at a friend's dinner party. Tremendous food and drink at this event but this dessert was still a major topic of conversation and delight! Artfully done and absolutely delcicious, I wish my phone had recorded a better picture, but the photo I have will not do justice. Congratulations. I cannot wait to visit your shop!

Visited December 2012