“The real deal!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dessert
greenville, sc
“The real deal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This place is awesome, last trip to asheville we made our first visit in by chance to get out of the cold... we will 100% be back. We ordered an eclair that was incredible, very delicate and delicious, & we had some excellent coffee - haven't had a latte that perfect in a long time. The only thing you will regret by dropping in this place is that you don't have more calories to spend on all the tasty looking tarts, pastries, and cakes. Equipped with an awesome atmosphere, chefs hard at work in traditional cooking jackets and hats, and beyond excellent food makes this place a "can't miss" establishment in my book!

• Visited February 2013

92% Recommend
WNC
“great pastry, so-so service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stopped here for a pastry and coffee one day last week with my 10-month-old. I was waited on initially and got my order and then was ignored the rest of the time. The couple at the next table was offered coffee refills which were brought to their table, but I was not, nor I was acknowledged when I left. There were other customers there but it was not especially busy. Perhaps it was not the place to go with a chatty baby but I have to say that this kind of service really irks me.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Stepped in out of the cold...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Basicly stepped in to escape the cold and warmed up with tea and pastries. Beautiful cakes and deserts...great hot tea. Love this place.

Fairview, NC
“Buche de Noel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

A Show Stopper! I just discovered Karen Donatelli Cake Designs this weekend when her Yule Log was served at a friend's dinner party. Tremendous food and drink at this event but this dessert was still a major topic of conversation and delight! Artfully done and absolutely delcicious, I wish my phone had recorded a better picture, but the photo I have will not do justice. Congratulations. I cannot wait to visit your shop!

Visited December 2012
NC
“Best bakery, desserts and customer service in Asheville!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I visit Karen Donatelli Cake Designs regularly. It is centrally located with a lovely ambience.

Its cases are filled with a wide variety of yummy pastries and desserts. They're always fresh and are so perfectly presented. My favorite treat is the fresh fruit tart. I'm addicted!

This is the perfect place to kick back solo, with family/friends or to have a friendly business meeting at.

Vinnie is a sweetheart who provides impeccable customer service. Easily, Karen Donatelli is my favorite cafe/bakery in Asheville!

• Visited November 2012