“The Best Bakery/Cafe in Asheville !!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dessert
Dining options: Dessert
Asheville
“The Best Bakery/Cafe in Asheville !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

i can't say enough about this jewel of a bakery. It is without a doubt the best service, pastries, food or espresso. The showcases are visually loaded with the most beautiful pieces of art, and they taste even better! I moved into an apartment down the block and cannot think of a day that goes by that I don't think about going in there and buying the place out!!! It is that good. I pray they never leave our neighborhood. We love you guys!!!

• Visited August 2012

92% Recommend
Pearland, Texas
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

We ordered a German Chocolate birthday cake for my father in laws 80 th birthday. It was ready as promised and absolutely divine! It came covered in chocolate covered strawberries, blackberries and raspberries. Everyone loved it. This is a truly exceptional bakery!!

RIVERVIEW
“Best Latte and pastries this summer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stopped for breakfast we were walking to somewhere else but when we passed their window we stopped. Boy am I glad we did, this was the best Latte I had all summer, and I don't like regular coffee so I drink alot of latte's theirs was top notch. The fruit tart I ate was fresh and large, it had some kind of almond crust it was amazing, my husband had chocolate petit fores with a rasberry filling which he enjoyed and said was very good. I am sure my tart was better but to each his own. Good thing I was on vacation because if it was local I'd be there every week. While we were there a local was telling us the cinnamin rolls are to die for and he rations himself so he won't go there too often. Enjoy

• Visited July 2012
Asheville, North Carolina
“Fabulous desserts in downtown Asheville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stopped by for after graduation desserts to celebrate! Fantastic cheesecake, eclairs, and tarts, everyone in our party was very happy with the location, food and atmosphere! Yes we will be back !

• Visited June 2012
Bel Air, Maryland
“Subtlely Decadent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Asheville is apparently turning into more than Beer City USA. It is quickly becoming home to a diverse and expanding collection of cafes, patisierries, and chocolatiers. Being a frequent patron to the more established destinations in town, I am happy to now add Donatelli's.

The location is convenient to many of the downtown restaurants, as well as the Convention Center. There is ample seating, at least until their relative secrecy is revealed and the place gets jammed with business. There is ample selection of various pastry and dessert items. The artistry of the chefs here is clear to see, as their pastries are simply beautiful to look at. Most impressive is that their flavors are not over the top or cloying. Rather they expand and open up within the mouth, leaving long, lingering satisfaction. Prices are not displayed on the individual items, and you should expect a premium price. But you get what you pay for. And at Donatelli's it is a wealth of flavor and texture.

You will be doing yourself a disservice, if you fail to try at least one Parisienne cookie. They are easily the best I have ever had the pleasure of tasting.

• Visited April 2012