“Great place for a "Babymoon"” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 50%*
Ranked #1 of 57 Hotels in Asheville
birmingham, al
“Great place for a "Babymoon"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

Our second stay at this lovely hotel. We were not disappointed. Service and room were excellent. We stayed in a Mountain Suite ($1500/night) which offered a monsterous room with tremendous views. The bathroom was standard issue and was disappointing at this price-point. Bed was comfortable, although, personally, I'm not a fan of down duvets....HOT. (easily removed) Room service was prompt, very well-presented and courteous. Dinner at The Dining Room was fabulous!!! (a rare compliment from me) Food was delectable and service above average. Worth the money! The Spa was also outstanding. Treatments were expensive but invaluable for this pregnant girl. The all-female staff was very professional and all obviously well-educated in their specialty. Lovely stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

We purchased the king terrace room package, which included one night stay, valet parking, shuttle service, two estate tour tickets, and two breakfast buffets. It was well worth the $509 price! Never have I enjoyed myself so much on a short trip. We were only there for 24 hours and felt like we were treated like royalty. The entire Inn staff is amazing. The room was spacious and luxurious. An incredibly comfortable bed and fabulous bathroom, large screen t.v., and private terrace were wonderful. The Inn was full but we never felt crowded. Our room was completely soundproof and we were right around the corner from the two gift shops! The huge comfortable lobby with windows overlooking the mountains and Biltmore castle was a great place to relax also. We ate in the library lounge for dinner and the main dining room for breakfast. Both meals were exquisite. The valets literally run for your car and have it back to you in a jiffy. There is absolutely NOTHING I would recommend that could be improved upon. If you want outstanding customer service and a wonderful trip, visit here. Even if you do not tour the house, there are many other activities - swimming, biking, hiking, segways, Land Rovers, horseback riding, etc. I have traveled a fair amount and must say this was my favorite destination within the United States.

Blaine, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

The hotel was in a beautiful setting. The wait staff were friendly and were eager to make our stay a memorable one. The room was spacious and elegant. The food was out of this world especially the breakfast which came with the stay.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Franklin, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

We met friends here for a 3 night stay. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, the mountain view room was very nice, and we loved the food and service in the hotel dining room and the adjacent Pub in a location near the hotel. We did the audio guided tour of the Mansion and thought it was great.
There is a lot to do at the Estate and in the charming city of Asheville. I look forward to returning to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

We just departed Biltmore Estate after 4 days and 3 nights of sheer bliss. Wow! What can be said that hasn't, except to say that I sincerely appreciate one thing, one element above all others in my traveling experiences... and that is simply, hospitality. We have encountered too many disgruntled and unhappy resort workers in our travels, and quite frankly, it doesn't matter much what a place has to offer if the experience is sullied by a surly worker. Indeed, the atmosphere was so congenial at the Inn on Biltmore Estate, I can compare it to the best of our Bed and Breakfast experiences where service has not only been with "a smile", but where the incidental items were attended to with the attention one gives a dear relative. Kudos to our very kind concierge who helped us select movies for the three nights we were there (we took advantage of the DVD player loan and movie library of the films shot on the Estate). She also arranged for our extra tickets for activities on the Estate, which is quite a boon since the lines for tickets elsewhere could get quite long.
The Inn is beautiful, ad other reviewers are correct in saying that it is a nice hotel that would be overpriced in a different setting. We had a terrace room which, as has been said before, overlooked some shrubbery and a path to the parking lot and pool- BUT, for us this was a huge plus factor as it situated us very near to the administrative offices, front desk, concierge, gift shop, patio access, Adirondike chairs, shuttle, etc. etc.
Can you inmagine opening up your terrace door on the first crisp day of true Fall, and being able to stroll a few feet to the views of the Vineyard and the path to Antler Hill Village (which was outstanding). There are two paths down to the village- one marked for the village and winery and one marked for the activity center. We learned about the latter path when going down to our Segway tour. It is steeper but a much quicker descent to the same area. Your learning curve of the vicinity will be shorter if you use this path. Oh, did I mention, it's shaded (summer visitors).
More about the Inn and our package- we booked the Bed and Breakfast which I feel is an outstanding value. We could have our selection from a great buffet (which included a European spread complet with salmon one day), or take our pick from the menu for no added charge. In fact, we could have had breakfast inn the room for no extra charge... but the views from the dining room are stupendous. In addition to this, we did not suffer the indignities of parking and shuttling from the lots except for the morning we left. For those of you who read this and who do not stay at the Inn, I have one word of extraordinary counsel... pass through the Estate parking "proper" until you reach the "Conservatory" parking. It is a secret little place not on the official map. There, I said it. If you are in shape, you will ascend stairs into the garden area and traverse a wide expanse of roses and formal gardens that lead to the entrance of the Biltmore mansion. Don't do it unless you are a walker though. You may wonder why this would be a stipulation, because honestly, you will want to walk that garden anyway- but you won't know that until you are there. Then if you are parked elsewhere, you will have to catch a shuttle back to the parking lot or Inn.
Which leads me back to... stayinng at the Inn. Our package included the audio tour which is the very best audio tour I've ever had! Free flowing... informative, with your choices of "extras" in the program. There ARE chairs and benches iside the house for you to rest. Take advantage. Don't rush it. The veranda chairs in the back of the house are unroped... it's right behind the tapestry gallery. Sit there and imagine for a moment what it was like to be a Vanderbilt.
Other advantages to being in the Inn iclude their shuttle which goes all around the property. "Free" valet parking with our package... so convenient- I don't mind being treated like a queen for a few days. Tip these guys- they are very nice.
Dining at the Inn... well, we ran the gamut. For our anniversary we ate in the dining room and I had Venison; my husband had Filet Mignon. The young man present on the floor went out of his way to make our day special. Thank you Arturo. The young ladies at the restaurant desk complimented me on my beautiful dress- it made this (ahem) older lady, feel very special.
Which I guess leads me to say... that the Biltmore company management hires only the very best people. I sure hope you read this... because they pay attention to what you ask of them. One example, which was cited as provincial by a different reviewer, was the staff's reluctance to discuss other "options" off the Estate. Not that we didn't recieve great instructions to Bohemian Lexington street, but really, the Estate is an Oasis unto itself, with a variety of restaurants and stores to sample. We were shuttled once to the Inn, by a driver whose job it was to shuttle others. It needed to be done as there was a backup,mand it was very much appreciated. Your employees are the cream of the crop and know when to use discretion. A uncommon trait in service today.
Another item of note- every staff member with whom I spoke, conversed with me in my native language- English. Not being non-PC... but that was very nice. Thank you.
My husband says we need to board our plane now, so I will end my most glowing review. I am a REAL person. Thank you Biltmore- I will try to return.

Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

We planned to spend most of our recent trip seeing Biltmore House and Estate and chose this hotel because it looked like a nice, luxurious place for a getaway, offered packages including estate admission and was the most conveniently located - right on the estate with shuttles to the house and other estate attractions like gardens and carriage rides. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this hotel for anyone planning to spend a lot of time visiting Biltmore (as opposed to downtown Asheville, which has a lot of other hotels located much closer to it). From the estate entrance gate, it's a drive of a couple miles over fairly narrow, winding roads that are quite dark at night, just to get to the hotel. But once you are there you won't need your car as long as you stay on the estate, as the shuttles staffed with very friendly drivers run regularly and take you right where you need to go, usually dropping you off closer and with less hassle than if you tried driving around in your own car.

The hotel itself is nice with a vintage feel, even though it's only a few years old. It features beautiful vistas of the estate from the public areas and restaurants - and probably from some of the rooms too, though we didn't want to pay the premium cost for a room with a fancy view when you can enjoy it from the spacious public areas. The hotel has several restaurants and we ate in the formal "Dining Room" for breakfast (included with the package) and dinner, and the Library Lounge for afternoon tea. The food and wait service in both places was very good, and the servers were very nice. All the hotel staff we dealt with were extremely friendly and helpful, right down to the telephone operators, and the friendliness was really a cut above the sometimes snooty service you get other places.

The room decor is pretty standard "fancy hotel" but the room itself is very comfortable. Ours featured a large TV, a very comfortable king-sized bed, and Wi-Fi that was free (though a little bit slow). I was disappointed in the bathroom though. Usually, higher-end hotels have deep or Jacuzzi tubs (unless they have modern shower stalls). Our room had the standard type of bathtub you'd find in a business hotel like a Marriott - nothing special at all, though the bathroom itself was huge. Also, the room was lacking in food- and drink-related amenities such as a minibar, a refrigerator (for leftovers from that fancy restaurant or for casual snacks), or even wineglasses and a corkscrew (a particularly glaring omission given that the estate pushes the wine very heavily and the hotel gift shop has racks of it on sale). I realize you could probably get a corkscrew from room service, but then you have to tip them or at worst pay for the use of the corkscrew, and most rooms just have one already there.

Our terrace room did have a pleasant outdoor seating area, which we utilized (especially because for some reason our cell phones and blackberries did not work inside the structure - they did work outside). However, the Inn website had made it look like the terraces faced out on a rolling hillside and trees, when actually ours faced out on a hedge and a hotel entrance/ exit path. I considered asking for a room change but since we would be spending a lot of time out of the room seeing the estate attractions, I decided to keep the room we had. However, I probably would not pay for a terrace room again since there was zero view - it was like being outdoors in some apartment shrubbery.

Our biggest issue concerned the Dining Room. Apparently there's some disorganization down there. We called more than 24 hours ahead and made a dinner reservation for Saturday night (figuring Saturday would be a busy night), we were assured that our reservation was all set, only to arrive and find that our reservation was nowhere on the list. The restaurant managed to seat us anyway, but we were placed next to a table with a very large family group including two children under age six and one baby in arms who screamed (not cried like a baby does - I mean screamed, at an earsplitting level) for the next hour. There were also kids' handprints all over the window we were looking out of (although we noticed they had been cleaned the next day). We decided not to ask to be moved because at this point we were like "What next?" and the restaurant was quite full. The entire experience detracted from our dinner and caused us to cut it shorter than we would have if the atmosphere had been more relaxing. A shame because there are several other nice restaurants either at the Inn or on the Estate and if we'd known we'd have so much hassle we would have made our reservation elsewhere. Also, since the Dining Room is the only hotel restaurant that serves breakfast (which is included in many of the hotel packages), there is sometimes congestion getting a table at breakfast time and no way to make a reservation for a specific time in advance. It would have been nice to have another breakfast option besides room service, maybe something a little more casual, or else set up the packages with a "breakfast included/ no breakfast included" option as I don't really want a big fancy breakfast every single morning anyway.

Overall, this Inn gets four stars, mostly for the great service, and we would definitely come again if we were going to tour the Estate. However, we would avoid the Dining Room and would hope the rooms eventually get a bit of an "amenities upgrade" considering that they are not cheap.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
suburban Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

We spent 5 nights at the Inn on Biltmore Estate to celebrate our 30th anniversary. It was a perfect choice. The hotel is luxurious and in beautiful surroundings, and (since its only about 7 years old) the facilities were in excellent. We chose one of the few rooms with balconies, and loved our morning views of the mountains. The staff was friendly and attentive, but not overbearing. The food in the dining room was excellent (although we only ate there for one dinner and 2 breakfasts, since we wanted to try other local restaurants). The spa was small but provided top-notch (and, full disclosure, top price) services. The small pool was charming, overlooking the mountains. It was great to be able to take advantage of the property shuttle service instead of driving all the time, which took us to the mansion and to other restaurants in the property for dinner.

One small complaint--other than breakfast in the dining room (or room service), both of which were expensive, there were no other choices for a quick, light breakfast other than leaving the estate (there's a Starbucks at the entrance to the estate, but that's a 7 min. drive from the hotel). Even for snacks, one has to go to Antler Hill Village (on the estate), a 15-min. walk (or shuttle ride) away from the hotel. We had arranged for a small refrigerator in our room and we brought some snack food with us, but we would have liked a small cafe closer by.

We had lunch one day at the Grove Park Inn (Sunset Terrace--also wonderful!), which was our other possible lodging choice. The Grove Park in is much larger, very mountain cabin-like (reminscent of Mohonk Mountain Lodge in upstate NY) and more of a "resort" hotel (scheduled activities, etc.). It has lovely views, too, but it's in a neighborhood, while the Inn on Biltmore Estate is surrounded by the thousands of acres of Biltmore grounds. I'm glad we made the choice we did.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn on Biltmore Estate? Share your experiences!