“Great Romantic Get Away” 5 of 5 stars

Inn on Biltmore Estate
1 Antler Hill Road, Asheville, NC 28803   |
Ranked #1 of 57 Hotels in Asheville
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great Romantic Get Away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

I have to be honest, I was not very excited when my wife told me our weekend away was going to be spent touring the Biltmore. I knew it was an amazing house, but to spend a weekend there? Boy was I pleasantly surprised when we checked into this inn. Our king room was perfect for the romantic weekend she had planned. Between the winery, excellent dining choices, and yes, even the house tours we had an incredible get away. Leave the kids at home and try this place!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

Ahhh the Inn at Biltmore Estate. The hotel that has set my "hotel bar" so high,... no hotel may ever reach it again. Every moment I was there, was perfection.

From the moment you pull up to the Inn on Biltmore Estate, you are treated like royalty. The staff is so sweet, accommodating, nice, polite, well-mannered, and <insert every other positive adjective you can think of here>, we never wanted to leave.

We got the Bed and Breakfast package for our 5 year anniversary with the Balcony Suite. And seriously - that breakfast card was worth it's weight in GOLD, people. Every morning I would jump up, grab the USA Today off of our door, hop into an elevator that smelled like french toast and pancakes and go down to the Dining Room.

As soon as we got there, we were seated at a white linen topped table by either a window overlooking the mountains, or the fireplace. At the table were silver sets and glasses for water, OJ, and coffee. The staff would promptly get us started on the buffet and keep our drinks filled at all times. It was heaven. And when we ate dinner there it was equally stunning.

When we needed to leave the estate, valet would get pull our car around and stock it with water bottles for our trip. Again, they were eager to give directions, get things out of my car that I forgot, whatever we needed.

The room service was wonderful, the maid service was perfection,... I seriously cannot rave about The Inn enough. It was fantastic.

If you're looking for a romantic experience in the mountains, you MUST go to Ashville. And if you go to Ashville, you MUST stay at The Inn on Biltmore Estate.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

Stayed at the Inn on the Friends and Family Package. We stayed in a double room, which made the stay slightly lackluster. The room was spacious, clean and had a wonderful view. Having 2 beds instead of one sucked - I would not recommend this for couples. We were also able to hear people in the next room talking very late at night, which was not cool and a bit of a letdown for the caliber of the hotel. Other than that, everything was top notch- - the service, the food everywhere on the property and the grounds were all amazing. Be prepared to drop some loot though!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Corona, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

We had such a great time. Wish we had been able to stay longer than one night and if I knew what I know now we would have. If you are going to visit the Biltmore House, spend the money and stay at the Inn. We arrived at about 1PM and were able to check in right away. Every staff member we came in contact with was always friendly and helpful. After checking into our room - a Premier King which was perfect. Tastefully decorated and quite comfortable.

The hotel provides separate shuttle service for hotel guests to the various locations on the estate. Just show your little white card and hop on. Also, guests staying at the Inn can visit the Biltmore House anytime it is open which is great. I would also recommend taking additional tours. We took the Rooftop Tour which was very informative and tours are small groups of 16 with a guide. I wish we had the time to take the Behind the Scenes tour as well.

We visited the winery and found the wine to be quite good - bought some to take with us. After purchase the wine was delivered to our hotel room so we didn't have to carry it around with us or go back to the room right away.

We had a small afternoon snack at Cedric's which is casual with pub type food. Before dinner we had a glass of wine on the veranda of the Inn and took in the beautiful scenery. For dinner we had a delicious meal at the Bistro. Between tours the next day we had lunch at the Stable Cafe. Everything we ate was yummy.

Our visit was wonderful, I would love to go back again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Hayward, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

This hotel has everything. It is definitely a five star experience and worth the price. Our King room with balcony was quite large with a huge bathroom. The service at this hotel was excellent, from the reception desk to the dining room. Everyone w as extremly gracious. The food in the dining room was excellent for all meals, with a good variety of selections. The service at this hotel was wonderful on every level. I look forward to visiting here again. I could get used to being pampered!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

We had a wonderful stay. First the hotel is lovely and the service is superb. We booked the bed and breakfast package and were very pleased. Think we had the most basic of room category and our view was towards the front (best views are in the rear overlooking the mountains)of the hotel but we didn't mind. There are many outdoor areas to sit and enjoy the view. Every staff member was extremely cordial and helpful. I can't say enough about how great the basic amenities were. Examples: Complementary bottled water every day (and offered when we took the car for day trips by valet) twice daily housekeeping service. I thought the pool area was nice but not fancy, just adequate. Can't say enough about Biltmore Estate and Gardens--fabulous! It was great to take the shuttle service and enjoy the scenery. The restaurants were good, especiallly
the Dining Room (lower level) for a more formal experience. We liked the Bistro. Wasn't impressed with Cedric's Pub or Antler Village. I think that is a major weak point, not enough shops of interest, let's hope it's a work in progress. I was surprised at the downtown area of Asheville. Lot's to do and see, many dining options. Wow , it is hippie town! Like a trip back to Woodstock, a bit grungy for me. Ashveille is a mixed bag so you can go low or higher brow, whatever suits you. Getting back to the hotel, I would go back again as every season offers a different setting . Of course the hotel is top notch!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Northeast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

We have stayed at top hotels all over the U.S. and in Europe and I would say that this is one of the most comfortable, welcoming and elegant - with lovely staff; without the pretention and frenetic pace of many Ritz Carlton hotels. The staff was extremely accommodating and courteous/pleasant. At check -in, Michelle was very lovely. The rest of the staff was also impressive. The hotel had a quiet and very relaxing feel - just what we needed. Breakfast served to our room was quick and delicious (try the blueberry pancakes). Dinner on the library veranda was so relaxing - great for sunset. Only wish we had more time to spend at the hotel itself - we had come to visit the Estate house and grounds - I wish we had more time to spend at the hotel. Already am planning a return trip!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn on Biltmore Estate? Share your experiences!