“EXCELLENT!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Asheville, North Carolina
“EXCELLENT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

What more can I say about the Inn on Biltmore Estate's. From start to finish the folks who work at the Inn strive to please. Accommodations were perfect. I had a room overlooking the beautiful mountains in Western North Carolina. The Inn is a sanctuary of all that is best in this country. Room was impeccable. I could live there year round. I don't usually rave about a place but I can't find anything to complain about. Well... of course you pay a little extra to stay there but it is worth it. I would not want to stay anyplace else when I return to the area.

Room Tip: Definitely pay the extra $50 for a mountain view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
Villa Rica, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Had the pleasure of staying for my wife and I's anniversary one weekend in March. The place is very clean and the service is amazing. This place is definitely for the wealthier citizens that want to visit. Over all, we enjoyed our stay at the Inn. The only thing I would recommend would be more "up-to-date" technology in the rooms. The room just seemed too dated for the price that I paid.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Belleair, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Be careful if you take the Biltmore's trail ride. My friend and I went on a morning ride with 2 other people. A mom and her daughter. We were all on quiet horses until the trail guide lost control of her horse and she fell off. Her horse did a 180 towards all of us. Full stampede on a narrow trail we all were off the horses leaving me with broken ribs, bone bruises and advanced arthritis in my hand. The mom was taken away in a ambulance. The Biltmore's reply was "horses will be horses and you signed a waiver". Nice P.R. They would not even refund our money till we called their HR dept.

Stayed July 2013
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

This place is over the top in service. The room are average as far as size, but they are beautiful. The staff calls you by name everytime they address you and seem to really care that you are there as a guest not just a paying customer. We had room service and it was some of the best I have ever had as far as food and service. Wish we could have stayed long I think we both could have gotten use to that life style.

Room Tip: They offer packages for the House and Breakfast it was well worth the money.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I have been to Asheville before, but this was my first visit to Inn at the Biltmore. What a great experience. Service was amazing, and with the shuttle around the estate, was very easy to visit everywhere easily.

Business event was held here at the estate and was very well organized. Even a private evening tour at the house!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Taylors, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are annual pass-holders of Biltmore Estate and took advantage of the special rates offered for this month at the Inn. We have been to the Inn several times for dining but have not stayed there as overnight guests before. It was wonderful!

One big attraction of the Inn for me is the atmosphere in the public areas, as well as the views. My personal favorite spot is on the couch in the Library right in front of the fireplace! We also enjoyed the terrace our first night watching the sunset , made comfortable by portable heaters. All of the staff was incredibly helpful and friendly.

We enjoyed the convenience of shuttles to and from the main house as well as to Antler Hill Village. These were always right on schedule.

We had absolutely no complaints with our stay at the Inn and hope to go back again next year.

• Stayed January 2014
Asheville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

If you're looking for glitz or bling (does anyone use that word anymore?) you won't find it at the Inn on Biltmore Estate. This is more like a low-mileage Rolls Royce from the 1990s, back when Rolls was still hand-built at Crewe, England.

Everything is in good taste. Everything works. Everything fits. Staff is friendly, but not pushy.

In the high season in summer or October, you'll pay a pretty penny to stay here -- $300 or $400 a night or more. With tax, valet parking ($18), tips, breakfast and perhaps dinner it will be much more. But we're annual passholders and took advantage of the $109 weekday double rate (plus tax) in deepest winter and parked our own car. For that we got a very tasteful fifth floor room with two double beds. It had lovely views west over a small vineyard and Antler Hill to the mountains at sunset.

Our room, like most of those I've seen at the Inn, isn't large. but the beds are remarkably comfortable, the shower purrs and there a few amenities such as Keurig K-Cup coffee maker, designer toiletries, robes and slippers, and free wi-fi. There are also free shuttles to the House and Winery, though unless you buy a package just staying at the Inn doesn't include admission to the House, though you have access to the grounds, gardens and much else that makes Biltmore special.

We had dinner in the Dining Room (reviewed separately), which was very good.

The hotel wasn't full, but neither was it deserted, with quite a few people in the Library dining area, bar and the main Dining Room. It turned out to be a beautiful day, sandwiched between two very cold periods, and we did tour the Biltmore House before checking in, even though we've seen it many times before.

Let me put in a plug for the 12-month pass. It's an extraordinary bargain, especially if you live in or near Asheville. Even if you're from out of town and only plan to come a couple of times a year, you'll save money and get unlimited visits to the House, grounds and gardens. Besides the unlimited free visits (not including the Christmas nighttime tours) you get some other benefits -- for example, discounts on dining and in Biltmore's shops. I'm not sure what the rate is this year, but when we bought our passes last year I think they were $79 each. Look for special offers, and if you enter on a regular rate currently you can upgrade your ticket to a 12-month pass for (I think this is right) $49 while you're on the estate.

Room Tip: You'll save a fortune by coming offseason, especially January and February.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn on Biltmore Estate? Share your experiences!