“Need a private yet friendly getaway?” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Biltmore Backyard Escape
Ranked #1 of 59 hotels in Asheville
Memphis, Tennessee
“Need a private yet friendly getaway?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I just completed our first stay at The Inn. All of our expectations were met: quiet rooms, delicious food, relaxing spa, and employees trained in the art of being untroubling yet extremely welcoming.
I had a facial at the spa which would rate in my top five even compared to Four Seasons and Spa Resort treatments. The terrace on the lobby level has a breathtaking view and seems fit for young families and seniors alike.
We liked the small cozy bar as well.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

1,192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
Northwest Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This was our fourth stay at the Inn. Clearly, other reviews have detailed what a special place the Inn on Biltmore Estate is. The hospitality industry, unfortunately, is frequently lacking in hospitality--not so at the Inn. One feels genuinely welcome from the time of check-in to departure when the bellman remarks, "Come see us again!" We have traveled throughout the country and seldom repeat trips; however, the quality we experience in all areas at the Inn--food, service, amenities, upkeep of grounds and Inn--makes the 500-mile trip rewarding each time.

Fairfield Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

The Inn is just what one would expect for the area and to contribute further to the original intent of the Mansion. We found our room to be perfect from the view to the amenities. Service was impeccable everywhere. The public rooms are lovely and feel like a big living room. The shuttle service throughout the grounds and the breakfast buffet are real plusses.

Certainly the cost is more than most places, but it's a perfect place for a special occasion or treat.

philadelphia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I live 2 hrs away from one another and will be apart for the upcoming holidays- christmas, new years, and a big birthday for him!!! He has always talked about wanting to visit the biltmore estate so as a "surprise" present I booked us a weekend getaway to see the biltmore candlelight tour. I attempted to use their online booking site but I kept receiving error messages so I called the hotel directly. I explained what I had experienced to the customer service rep and he confirmed that no charges had already been processed. The gentleman booked my reservation and I thought that would be it. The next day I was at the register to purchase groceries and my card was declined. Confused I asked the lady to run it again, I am a working grad student, I work very hard for my money and i know what should be in my account ;) After the third attempt to run the card I left the store full of shame and no groceries. I immediately went home and checked my account and it showed 5!!!! Charges from the biltmore estate for a whopping 2,689.00!!! I called the Inn and was connected with the reservation supervisor who arrogantly informed me that the charges were just pending and would clear off in one to two business days... Did he offer to help in anyway? Nope! Said it must have been a tech glitch, he's seen this a few times before... So for the next business day or two I will wait for my money to be refunded, hopefully the bank will understand and not charge over draft fees, and never go back to that grocery store again. Annnd we havent even gotten there yet! Hopefully the hotel service is better than their reservation team!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in a room with a terrace and mountain view. The hotel is beautiful, people are friendly, and the food is amazing. Our room was across from the gym and the door to the pool and hot tub, so that created more noise than I would have liked while trying to sleep. But, overall a wonderful experience!

Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

My husband and I just returned from another wonderful trip to The Biltmore Estate. We always stay at the Inn on the Biltmore Estate. The rooms with balcony/view of the mountains are our favorite. The place has everything we need for a romantic getaway. Wine tasting, shopping and food is just a short walk away. Weather permitting we walk all the garden areas all the way to the Bass Pond. The house itself is a treat to see.

Room Tip: if you can afford it request the upgrade to room with balcony/view of mountains.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
toledo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I've always been of the opinion that where you stay is almost as important as what you see, and the Inn on Biltmore Estate did not disappoint! Having arrived in Ashville after dark, it was necessary to find the entrance to Biltmore Estate and drive a dark winding road, past a gatekeeper, to the Inn entrance. I assure everyone that that was the very last thing that might have caused any sort of anxiety during our stay.
Check-in was pleasant and easy,the staff was friendly and the valet parking appreciated. The public areas were elegantly beautiful as was our spotlessly clean, double queen deluxe room. We had a very nice dinner in the Library Lounge that evening, then went to bed early for a good night's sleep on very comfortable beds.
The morning view from our fifth floor window was absolutely spendid, so I was very glad that I had asked for room with a guaranteed view. We had a wonderful breakfast in the main dining room, booked tours of Biltmore House and went there via the hotel shuttle. We had a delicious Sheppards Pie dinner at Cedric's which is in Antler Hill Village, and shuttled back for drinks at the Inn. The next morning was spent enjoying another lovely beakfast and stolling the grounds.
So what really makes the Hotel so special? First, there is a feeling of quiet sophistication in its ambiance and architecture created by the Vanderbilt family. Second, the setting is truly wonderful. I kept having the feeling that I was looking at a painting, especially from our window. The trails are beautiful and the air so fresh that I can see why people used to go there for medicinal purposes.Third, is the total convenience of staying on the estate..no driving,and we were able to charge everthing to the room, even the dinner at Cedric"s, and all tickets at the Mansion.
My recommendation is to spend the extra money so you can truly get the best of what Biltmore has to offer.

Room Tip: Pay extra and get a room with a guaranteed view. It's worth every penny!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn on Biltmore Estate? Share your experiences!