“Wonderful Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 57 Hotels in Asheville
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Wonderful Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We visited for a long weekend in December for the candlelight tour of the Estate. We had a beautiful room with fantastic view of the mountains. Enjoyed all aspects of the hotel including all of our meals that were either at the inn itself or on the property (Stable Cafe). Pre-dinner cocktails were had in the Library Lounge which was delightful (in warmer weather, I could see myself out on their wraparound porch enjoying my cocktail!) Would definitely recommend if you are visiting the Biltmore Estate. Shuttles were great and we never used the car for the weekend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
Salem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The Inn on the Biltmore Estate is a wonderful place to stay and a great way to see the Biltmore Estate. The Inn is perfect and the service amazing. The early morning swim in the outdoor pool with the mountain view is a wonderful experience. There is so much to see at the Estate, staying on the grounds is the best choice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have never stayed in any hotel with the amazing level of service of the Inn at the Biltmore. In the winter, for not much more than you would pay at a Hampton Inn, you can live like a King for a night.

Food and breakfast buffet were wonderful.

You don't save much if any money buying a "package" so if you want, just book a room.

Unless you have mobility issues self park looks good, valet parking which came with our package worked well.

A somewhat eclectic clientele - but mostly older.

We did not take advantage of any other of the properties activities - all of which cost extra.

Room Tip: Don't think I would pay extra for mountain view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Edgefield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

An extremely nice hotel. Location is great. A little different from what I am used to but the passholder rate was worth it, after staying there I would have to say I would never stay if I had to pay the normal rates. Only because..... I would have anticipated that I wouldn't hear people in the hallways or in their bathrooms. The rooms were nicely furnished, as well as the bathrooms. However I could hear word for word my neighbors conversations. I do not think that they were screaming it just sounded like a normal conversation. But for the price that the inn charges, this was disappointing. I did not utilize any amenities other than room service and as we all know that is always expensive but it was good! Most of the customer service was great. Check in was easy & quick. Only things was she didnt direct me to the elevators and I liked to be thanked when leaving and no one acknowledged us when we left. Not sure why those 2 things bother me so much. But they do. Other than that the stay was a great getaway with my husband.

• Stayed February 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

They made an offer we couldn't refuse. Annual passholder room rate specials. Plus a gift certificate given for our Thanksgiving stay. What a huge savings. A very quiet time of year, a good time for a first time visitor. The Inn and the Estate were beautiful as always. Impeccable service and delicious food.

Room Tip: We have never had a bad room. It all depends on the view that you would prefer.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

If you are coming to see the Biltmore, you need to stay here. A bit pricey but special packages are available to help defray the cost, and it is worth it. Most all rooms have a nice view and the beds are very comfortable. They have valet parking and self parking which requires a short up hill walk. The main dining area requires reservations but the Library Lounge is perfect for any meals and a little cheaper. They run shuttles to all the venues so park and forget it. Visit Antler Village to see the winery and get historical information on the big house. There is all kinds of shops and eateries there also.

If you come to the Biltmore, expect to spend some money but this kind of trip is worth it. Make and effort to stay at the Inn. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I took the special man in my life for an overnight stay in honor of his 50th birthday. Being a season pass holder, I got a terrific rate on the premier king room. The room was very nice and comfortable, and the tub with spa jets, while not huge, was great for a relaxing soak and bubble bath. Everything was first class, from the fresh rose on the bathroom vanity to the soaps with my initial on them. The robe and slippers that were provided were a real treat, and the bed was very comfortable.
We were on the 6th floor, and the view was beautiful.

Guaranteed check in was at 4:00 pm, but when I made the reservation, I told the lady that we would arrive around 1:00 pm. Our room was ready, and everyone who we encountered was friendly and helpful.

Complimentary shuttle service was provided every half hour, and in the evening it ran every 15 minutes. We loved the convenience.

We did not eat in the hotel, but had dinner at Cedric's, the pub in Antler Hill Village. The food was good, the atmosphere was relaxed, and live music was provided. We were lazy the next morning and didn't make it to breakfast before checkout.

Being from Knoxville, this was the perfect distance for a quick romantic and fun getaway. I highly recommend the Inn to everyone, especially if you can get a special price.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn on Biltmore Estate? Share your experiences!