“Within 2 breaths I could feel it working” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 102 Activities in Asheville
More attraction details
Owner description: Visits in The Salt Spa of Asheville and our Himalayan Salt Cave Sanctuary are healthful and deeply relaxing. We have applied Millions of Himalayan Salt Crystals to all walls and floor and golden glowing Himalayan Salt rocks and soothing music create a beautiful, safe and caring ambience for wellbeing and relaxation with a therapeutic dry salt and negative ion micro-climate, just like in natural salt mines. Enjoy your 1 hour Salt Spa visit, including 45 minutes of Halotherapy(Dry Salt Therapy)and 15 minutes on our Himalayan Salt Foot Detox Lamp. Halotherapy is a wonderful way of self care for respiratory health and helps naturally relieve symptoms related to Asthma, Allergies, Sinus Issues, Respiratory Complaints, Skin Issues, Common Colds, Stress and more or to just relax and rejuvenate. You now have the opportunity to unwind yourself from your daily routine by extending your Salt Spa visit and adding other therapies, including massage, cranio-sacral therapy, energy healing and reflexology in our Himalayan Salt Therapy Wellbeing Room. Take a deep breath and relax - You have arrived!
Atlanta, GA
15 attraction reviews
“Within 2 breaths I could feel it working”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I recently experienced our (first of hopefully many) salt spa sessions and within two inhalations of the moving salt particles (kicked on by the fan), my stopped up nasal passages were cleared. The music, the lighting, the chairs, and the blankets create a deeply relaxing 45 minutes. I especially liked the gong that signified the beginning and end of the session. Not being allowed to talk or bring in cell phones really added to the peacefulness.
We were also pleasantly surprised at the rate. Massage therapy alone is nearly double the price. I can't wait to go back again.We are planning to tack this on to any trip to or through Asheville from now on.

Visited October 2012

Morris Plains, New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
“Not sure if it works”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I guess if you only intend to go for one session, then it might not be worth it. I do like the ambiance of the room and that it is really peaceful and tranquil.

Visited September 2012
SaltSpaAsheville, Owner at The Salt Spa of Asheville, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Hello Lucy,

Thanks for taking time to share your experience from your visit to The Salt Spa of Asheville. We are happy to hear that you liked our relaxing and peaceful ambience. Salt Therapy is very beneficial for symptoms related to respiratory complaints and depending on the ailment and severity of symptoms one single session can already be helpful, for example opening up sinuses or deeper breathing for people suffering asthma. Many people with stress symptoms experience a deep level of relaxation and relief during just one session. As with all treatments, Salt Therapy is most beneficial following a treatment plan of multiple sessions.
Be Well.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
“Peace and Relaxation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I booked a session here while on vacation and absolutely loved it. It's was a great time for me to just be still and relax after exploring Asheville for a week. It was the perfect way to unwind. The 45 minutes goes by so quickly! The owner was very welcoming and answered all the questions I had. I wish I lived in the area so I could go there more often.

Visited August 2012
SaltSpaAsheville, Owner at The Salt Spa of Asheville, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Lindsay,

Thank you for your very thoughtful review on Tripadvisor. We are excited to hear about your wonderful experience at The Salt Spa of Asheville. We hope you have a chance to visit again. All the best to you!
Collingswood, New Jersey
“Peaceful and beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I booked this on the recommendation of a friend, and am so glad I did! My session was so incredibly peaceful and relaxing. I almost fell asleep, but even better than that I just rested in the quiet, dimly lit room. The dim glow in the room makes for a beautiful setting. The owner was charming and very willing to talk about the room and benefits. She was very helpful in setting me up for my session to make sure I wouldn't be chilly during my time. I even ended up buying a salt lamp to bring home with me, so I could remember the peaceful feeling I had in the lovely salt room.

Visited August 2012
Charleston
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Visited the Salt Spa a few days ago. First of all, being in the cave is a very cool experience. The next day my sinuses felt great. I didn't have the ususal headache, no stuffiness, and my chest didn't feel tight. If I lived in Asheville I would be there at least once a week. The owner is really informative on the benefits of this unique experience!

Visitor from Charleston