“WATCH OUT FOR THE LADYBUGS AND DRUNKS!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #50 of 58 Hotels in Asheville
baltimore
“WATCH OUT FOR THE LADYBUGS AND DRUNKS!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 3 days to visit the Biltmore and surrounding area. When we checked in we went to our room and ladybugs and beetles were all over the inside of the window and walls.I went down to the desk and told the clerk she stated "they are only lady bugs".She gave me another room and it also had bugs!Went down again and she stated she would give me a room in the front of the building the bugs seem to like the back of the building! The third room was fine and didnt have any bugs!The third night of our stay we did have a drunk screaming and beating on the walls in the hallway!I called the front desk and they confronted him and called the police.Needless to say I wasnt impressed with this hotel and wish I had done more searching.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Coppell, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

We stayed here for 4 nights while in Asheville. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The beds were really comfortable, and we slept like babies. We did have a problem with the shower the first morning, but reported it to the front desk and it was fixed that day.
Overall, this was a great place at a good price. Would recommend to anyone.

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Augusta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

When you walk into the room, you think it's decent, especially for a Rodeway Inn. The furnishings are updated and there is a flat screen TV hanging on on the wall. But don't be fooled.
We were getting comfortable for the evening when my wife noticed ants all over the bed and nightstand. Of course we had noticed a little filth and few dust balls in the room when we got there, but that was to be expected considering it was an economy level hotel afterall, but the addition of these critters was just too much! Upon calling the front desk, I was informed that the hotel was full and that they couldn't give me another room. He also added this kicker..."I have ants in my house too." I told him this was unacceptable and was effectively told to deal with it. The guy called back and told me he'd give me a refund if I was willing to leave right then and there. I took him up on his offer. However, all the hotels in the area were full, meaning I was forced to turn back and drive 4 hours back home. All in all, it definitely wasn't worth it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Butler, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

I read the reviews and they sounded good. I saw the price and it looked great. But, boy was I wrong. I'm not wealthy and I'm used to staying in less expensive hotels, but this one is not worth the cheap price. First, thing we noticed when we entered the room was a strong musty smell. Next, it was very hot in the room. I tried to turn the temperature down on the air and the dial just kept spinning around in circles you couldn't adjust it. Next, I used the restroom after a long trip on the road. There were hairs all in the floor and the tub. Later, I went to pull back the covers on the bed and their were hairs all over the pillows and the sheets. Evidently the bathroom wasn't cleaned very well and the sheets definitely weren't changed. We only stayed one night thank goodness. I won't being going back to that nasty place again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta, Ga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

I usually stay at Motel 6 when I need a budget motel, but I've had good luck choosing Choice Hotels that have been given their Gold Award and when I saw that this Rodeway Inn had attained that, I decided to book my first experience with this brand. My expectations were raised by that rating, and that's why I was a bit disappointed.
The location was perfect for my trip, just off I-26, near good restaurants, a Mall, and the Blue Ridge Parkway. The price was competitive with other budget hotels in the area.
I was somewhat discouraged with drab outside of the institutional grey 5 story building but there was ample parking in the front and back. There is not a pool or hot tub, but I didn't need one.
The lobby was small but efficient. Check in was smooth and the desk rep was amicable. One disappointment was the stained and dirty carpet in the elevator and the lack of vacuuming at the edges of the carpet. One very big plus was their attention to security. The hotel has interior hallways with only 2 or 3 access doors to the outside. A valid hotel room key card is required to open them, even during daylight hours. The rooms have heavy bolt locks, viewing ports and chain locks.
My room had 2 queen beds, a small round table with 2 chairs, an armoire instead of a closet, and a dresser with a couple of large drawers and built in microwave and dorm style fridge. A large (37" or so) flat panel tv was mounted to the wall above the dresser. They had full basic 70+ channel cable. The free wifi had the strongest signal I've ever obtained in a hotel room. The bathroom was small and had a shower/tub enclosure with a curved shower curtain rod to allow more room and a shower spay adjustable showerhead. The towels were a bit more fluffy and somewhat larger than I expected of a budget motel.
The room could have been a bit cleaner but it wasn't what I would consider to be dirty. The beds seemed new, they were a pillowtop model, with nice fluffy pillows and I slept well. They include an in room coffee pot, but when I went to use it, I found it still had the remains of a previous guest's used coffee grounds and filter. There's no breakfast included but they have free coffee, and juice in the morning There's a McDonalds and a grocery store right down the street so plan accordingly.
Now that I know what to expect, I may or may not stay here again. There are many positive attributes and only a few negatives. I think I would have been a lot more pleased with the place if my expectations had not been raised by that gold award. The location and room itself is the biggest plus and that's what would bring me back in the future. I could recommend it to a friend with the condition that they read this review.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
West River
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

Clean rooms, friendly workers and knowledgable of the area. Here's a funny for ya, Room 307 fills the toilet with hot water, we sure got our laugh for the day or when ever we flushed the toilet. Stayed two nights. Would I stay here again, YES, YES and YES.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Smyrna, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

Stayed with wife and 2 teens while site seeing Asheville. Nervous about cheap price but was pleasantly surprised about the quality. Rooms were clean, facilities were decent and staff was friendly and helpful. I'd stay again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites at Biltmore Square? Share your experiences!