“Actually, more like 3.5 stars” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #50 of 58 Hotels in Asheville
Brevard, North Carolina
“Actually, more like 3.5 stars”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times to avoid the sleep sofa at the family house. It's fine for what it is, but there have been some minor mechanical issues with the property. Nothing serious, but I think it's aging a little and the owners might not be putting enough back in for maintenance.

Nice people, and a decent value. No real complaints, just a heads-up. I have already booked here for my next trip, which I guess is an endorsement anyway.

Room Tip: I book through ChoiceHotels.com for the occasional specials.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed here as part of our annual bike trip to the States. Very convenient right off the interstate. You can be back on the Blue Ridge within a few minutes. Needed a hotel with laundry to get the road grime off our clothes. There are lots of stores, gas stations and restaurants in the area. Standard room for a Rodeway ... King bed, comfortable, clean. Front desk staff were helpful with directions to Best Buy as my gps died and I had to replace it. Hotel is a tower with elevator. Parking to the front and rear for the bikes. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I are on motorcycle trip and wanted to spend day touring Biltmore Estate. Registered for one night at Rodeway. Found out Rodeway has laundry facilities which was great as we were out of clean clothes. Liked our stay so well that we spent a second night there.

• Stayed July 2013
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Location is off the interstate somewhere around the city. Not close to Biltmore but has stores and restaurants nearby. Rooms were perfect for this price point. Refrigerator and microwave in every room. Plenty of parking. Front desk person is weird but whatever, room was great for the price!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Lets start by saying that I had four rooms booked under my name, I get there and the lady at reception has given 2 of the rooms to someone claiming to be me, great..." did you check there ID " I asked....answer " No".
I stood for over an hour trying to sort this out, by the end of it I was treated in a really rude and aggressive manor.
Once in the room it smelt old and musty.
The room maids...well don't look for them in the corridors cleaning rooms, look out back...you'll find them on a constant smoke break in the carpark.
Plenty of other hotels to choose from in this area, do it.

Room Tip: Choose one of the other hotels close by.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hendersonville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I will start off with saying that this was a decent room for the price. We needed to be in the middle of Biltmore, and location was our reason for choosing this hotel. It's one of the cheapest ones in the area, but that's due to its condition. They have free, fast wifi, and offer doughnuts and juice for breakfast. The staff were very helpful and friendly. If we could find another hotel in the area for a similar price, would have chosen them instead, but would return to Rodeway if we could be promised the non-smoking room we booked to begin with.

We have stayed at the Rodeway Inn & Suites in Biltmore 2 times, each time our rooms have been tolerable, but unclean and have had horrible smells. The first time our room was non-smoking and smelled like really bad sweat and body odor. This last time we booked a non-smoking room, but were given a smoking room (they didn't have any others available, it was a busy weekend). The room smelled so badly of cigarette smoke our families complained about the lingering odor on our clothes during dinner. From where the air conditioning was leaving condensation on the walls it was collecting with the nicotine and brown liquid was literally dripping down the walls. The carpets were stained, there were burn holes in the blankets and all along the counters. Our room had 2 queen beds with very sharp bed frames that stuck out from around the mattresses (wrapped in plastic, no bed skirts) and me and my husband were caught several times and bruised and cut our ankles.

We felt relatively safe, but there were 2 very apparent prostitutes outside of the building working. During our 3 day stay, we saw both of them leaving and returning with different guys on numerous occasions. The elevator was kind of musty and gross, but they had placed dryer sheets next to the lights so it smelled pleasant.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Pace, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have stayed at the Rodeway Inn in Asheville a few times over the last couple of years when I've been up there for business. To be certain, it's not the Ritz-Carlton, but it never pretends to be. What it promises is a clean, quiet place to sleep at a great value. It delivers on that promise in spades. I am always greeted by a friendly desk clerk whenever I arrive or leave the hotel. The area surrounding the hotel is very nice with plenty of stores and restaurants within a few miles (the Biltmore Square Mall is less than a 1/2 mile walk). An additional perk is that this is one of the few places I have stayed at that offer smoking rooms, yet still offer non-smoking rooms that don't have any hint of cigarette smell to them, either in the hallways or the rooms. Being a non-smoker, it's nice to not feel like I'm sharing cigarettes with the other occupants of a hotel.

A couple of things to be aware of: the bedding and towels are not of the highest quality, though they are clean and certainly adequate for their purposes. The shampoo that the hotel provides smells a bit like the air-fresheners used in rest stops - not unpleasant on its own, I guess, but the association means that I will normally buy a small travel-size shampoo of my own to bring with me. Neither is a big deal, but something to be aware of it you're particular to such things.

If you want a resort-type establishment where you can hang out at the hotel for hours each day, this probably isn't the place you're looking for. However, if you want a clean, quiet place to lay your head at night without paying a lot of money this is definitely the place for you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites at Biltmore Square? Share your experiences!