This suite hotel is located on a commercial strip just a few miles away from downtown Asheville; it is also just a few miles from the Biltmore Estate. My wife and stayed here on our way from Great Smoky Mountains National Park to the Outer Banks. Although the staff was friendly and helpful and the room adequate, we did encounter some issues. For example, when paying almost $200/night for a hotel, one would expect a parking space in the hotel's parking lot and a seat in the lobby cafe at breakfast - we had neither. The parking lot is woefully inadequate for the size of the hotel so we were left to park in the hotel's "overflow" lot, i.e., the parking lot of the Carrabba's Restaurant adjacent to the hotel and down a slight hill. We were not thrilled at leaving our car, which was packed with all of our camping gear, so far from the hotel. We encountered an analogous experience with the complimentary breakfast in the morning. The dining area is undersized for the hotel, resulting in a very crowded, unpleasant experience (we ended up just bringing food back to our room).
Overall, we did not have a terrible experience at the Springhill Suites, but we have come to expect more from Marriott properties. If we were to return to Asheville we would look into staying somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for Asheville hotels near Biltmore Estates, downtown Asheville and the Blue Ridge Parkway, experience the modern style of the newly renovated SpringHill Suites Asheville ,which is just minutes from it all. With incredible mountain views and nearby attractions like Chimney Rock Park, the Thomas Wolfe Auditorium, Nantahala Outdoor Center and the North Carolina Arboretum, you will surely enjoy your stay at our award-wining Asheville hotel. Our all suite SpingHill Suites by Marriott Asheville hotel feature rooms that are 25% larger than comparably priced hotel rooms, all while providing the amenities of a modern lifestyle. Enjoy free high-speed Internet, spacious work stations and modern furnishings with innovative room layouts. Our Asheville hotel offers a complimentary hot breakfast buffet, heated indoor pool & spa and a 24-hour fitness center. When visiting beautiful western North Carolina, you will never want to leave and the SpringHill Suites Asheville is here to make your stay memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your SpringHill Suites Asheville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Asheville Hotel Asheville
- Asheville Springhill Suites