“Wonderful hotel and great staff!” 5 of 5 stars

3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #31 of 59 hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ohio
“Wonderful hotel and great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Spring Hill Suites for 2 nights and really enjoyed staying at this wonderful hotel. Everything was perfect, from the moment we checked in at the front desk to our great room. All staff that worked in the breakfast area are to be commended, In particular, Patricia--what a wonderful asset to the hotel! She was always so cheerful and so ready to go the extra mile--something you don't experience very often.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Dear LuckG820,

Thank you so much for posting a review of your stay on Trip Advisor. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our staff took good care of you. Thank you also for mentioning Paticia our breakfast host. Patricia is a wonderful asset to our hotel and I will be sure to pass along your comments to her.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Asheville.

202 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

We had to change reservations at the last moment and ended up at the Springhill Suites. The staff was really friendly and the room was really clean. I was impressed that with all the families in the hotel it was reasonably quiet most of the time. They DO have corridor noise but it all settled down by 10 p.m. A plus is the Carrabas Restaurant directly next door so you can get a great lunch or dinner with a short walk. The views of the mountains are lovely from the hotel windows- the only drawback is it IS on a hilltop and I would not choose this hotel if it will be icy or there is snow. It would be impossible to reach in bad weather.
The breadkfast bar is adequate not the best around : cereal, juice, waffles- that sort of thing.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear triptique,

Thank you posting a review of your stay. I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your visit and thank you for your positive comments.

I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Asheville.
Cornelius, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

The staff was wonderful - everyone friendly, helpful and smiling. Breakfast was adequate - typical of this type of hotel and nice to have included in the room rate which helped with budget. It is convenient to the Biltmore House and reasonable drive to the center city. We certainly complimented the staff to the manager when we left and assured him that we would return.

One exception: When I got home, I broke out in a terrible itchy rash that looked like pictures of bedbug bites and had all of the symptoms. Since you don't feel the bites when they happen and bedbugs are difficult to see in the daytime, I couldn't report it while I was there. Since I know that mgmt monitors Trip Advisor from previous remarks, I am putting it here in hopes that there will be follow-up. We stayed in room 231.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this review, April 28, 2011
Dear Spengle1,

Thank you very much for the nice comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that the staff took good care of you while you were here. I would like to speak with you regarding the issue you had while with us. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

We traveled here to visit the Biltmore (which was fantastic!) and stayed two nights. The staff was nice, but not too friendly. When I asked them if they could raise the pool temp (it was cold), I was told flatly that the temp is always at 80 degrees. Not very pleasant. The rooms were nice, but showed a little wear. They were excellent for sleep -- other than doors shutting, very quiet.
I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Dear Paledry,

Thank for you staying with us on your recent trip to Asheville. I am happy to hear that you had a nice stay while you were here. I would like to apologize that the staff did not measure up to the high standards that we have set for them and we will work on providing additional training. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you in the future.
Indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

Stayed one night at Springhill Suites in Asheville on the way to Charleston with my sister and her 11 year old daughter. Hotel was nice, lobby clean and attractive, breakfast selection was good and room clean and comfortable - there are two beds ,fold out couch and small area with sink, mini fridge and microwave. Nice indoor pool and workout room also. Close to downtown Asheville, but not walking distance. Overall, a nice stay.

• Stayed March 2011
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
Dear Indykim,

Thank you for staying with us and posting a review of your stay. I am happy to hear that your stay went well and that you enjoyed the amenities and location of the hotel. I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to town.
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

Only complaint is a bit of funk in the shower around the permanently installed rubber mat. Really quick check in. Nice modern decor in lobby and spacious room. Easy to find (Right behind the Hampton Inn which is easier to spot from the road) and convenient to town. I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Dear Firstlast,

Thank you for staying with us and for posting a review about your stay. I am happy to hear that you had a nice stay and would also like to apologize for the issue with shower. I do hope that you will give us another try when you are in the area again.
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

We reserved a room for two nights at this hotel over a month in advance of our trip but when we got to our room we found that it was not a king room but a room with two full beds. As this was a weekend getaway for my wife and me, we did not want two full beds. I called the desk to ask if we could be switched to the room we reserved and they told us they were booked but they would look into the options and call us back. 15 min later I went to the front desk to show them our confirmation with the king bed clearly reserved. Again they said they were booked and did not have any but would call other Marriott properties to see if there were any available. Again, about 15 min later and I had to call them again only to be told that they spoke to their supervisor and there was nothing more they could do. At that point we called the Hilton and went and stayed there. We have stayed at Marriott properties all over the eastern us and never had a problem, but this one made no attempt to correct their error. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Asheville.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Kentstate 99,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. I would love to discuss this further with you. Please contact me at your earliest convenience at the hotel.

Been to SpringHill Suites Asheville? Share your experiences!