“One serious problem” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Asheville, North Carolina
“One serious problem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Great place but: Extremely stinky street people come in on cold nights. They can be disruptive. The entire room stinks within minutes and customers leave in droves. I'm glad I wasn't running a tab so I could leave my nearly full glass quickly. Reminded me of that Seinfeld episode with the B. O. valet. I'm sympathetic but I'm no Mother Teresa. I wouldn't go to a homeless shelter for a fine wine. Maybe they should put Wild Irish Rose on the list. I've got to go take a shower now...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

South Florida, Florida
“Unwine with Great Wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I just love this little nook in downtown Asheville. The service is friendly and gives great recommendations. Local brews and wonderful wines along with an eclectic nibbling menu. They open the large windows when the weather is nice...ambiance is comfy and cozy. Mix of locals with dogs and out of towners and everyone is friendly

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Longwood, Florida
“Glad we stopped in”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were walking by on our exploration of downtown Asheville and found this nice little wine bar.
Enjoyed the wine. We were there in the afternoon but it looked like a fun night spot with live music.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
atlanta, georgia
“Great wine and music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This place was recommended to me by a local and I'm so glad that I went. Very friendly and inviting location. The Staff, I believe her name was Sheila, was wonderful. Very friendly and entertaining. The music was by a local artist and she was wonderful. Prior to the music starting it was a mix of locals and tourists, but everyone was talking to everyone and just having a great time. I would highly recommend going here for a drink or two. I didn't eat here.The menu is limited, but looked great. Thanks for the hospitality!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Asheville
“Fun place for a glass of wine, great live music some nights”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

5 Walnut has a wide range of wines by the glass and the atmosphere is great. They open up the large front windows whenever possible, which is really nice -- but if it is a cool evening, be sure to wear something warm enough. Love the John Henry's on Tuesday nights!

Visited September 2012