“Can't Stop Obsessing Over The Wings” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rocky's Hot Chicken Shack

Rocky's Hot Chicken Shack
1455 Patton Ave, Asheville, NC 28806-1745 (Five Points)
828 575 2260
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #100 of 644 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: Five Points
Description: Serving deliriously good fried chicken and southern soul food, Rocky's prepares "hot" chicken with the spice level any way you like it from plain to extra hot. Using natural birds and quality ingredients in our made-from-scratch recipes, we offer delicious American classics like mac and cheese, corn pudding, and collard greens among many more. Mouthwatering desserts include banana pudding and coca cola cake. We make everything fresh, in small batches, for a difference you can taste!
North Carolina
“Can't Stop Obsessing Over The Wings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Yes it is hot. Really really hot. I went conservative (against my chile head nature) and ordered the Medium Wings with a waffle and was very very happy.

Wings are done with a dry rub that surprised me and I honestly can't wait to go back. So hot. So good.

It's the flavor plus the endorphin rush that has me dreaming about them...

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Very Hospitable Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We walked in and were warmly greeted. The place wasn't busy and the worker explained the seasonings and gave us a sample on bread to try before we ordered. The food came quick and the chicken was very moist. The sweet potato casserole was great. The cole slaw serving was good but much more than I could eat. When we were leaving, we asked for directions to our next destination and were given written directions which got us to where we wanted to go with no trouble at all. Very good southern hospitality!

Visited September 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great Chicken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was our first stop when visiting Asheville. The food was excellent and so was the staff. The owner even stopped by to make sure that everything was good. The banana pudding dessert was very tasty. I would definitely stop by again on our next visit to Asheville.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“A real novelty”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We all have heard of those little novelty restaurant that you just need to try. This is one. Don't get me wrong, the chicken was good. Then there's the BUT. At ordering, I wasn't informed that the breast I just ordered was out, then the wrong sauce was used. Be sure to let them know "no Lowry's season salt." When you order sides, ask for a sample first. The collards were over seasoned. It had the pork fat but then a lot of salt. Could even eat them. Ounce I removed the overly too spicy skin, I was able to enjoy the juicy well cooked chicken. I would question the ten dollars for a chicken breast. Nevertheless, as a novelty give it a try. It's a whole lot better than the other guys.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh,NC
“Amazing! You must eat here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My young daughter and I were visiting Asheville for the night. She is a picky eater. Chicken tenders and fries. So I searched Tripadvisor for a place that had that, but also something cool I would like to eat. I love to eat/support local places and not chain restaurants. Found this listing and decided to try it. When I went to their Facebook page and saw that on Tuesdays if you have a tattoo and show it to them you get 10% off your order. DONE! The staff is very friendly and the gal at the cash register asked everyone that walked in if it was their first visit. If it was she explained which farm the chicken came from (they have a chalkboard listing all the local places the food and beer comes from) and that everything on the menu is from scratch except the french fries and fried pickle chips. I got a chicken breast on a waffle with the three cheese mac poppers (their mac and cheese rolled into balls and fried) and the sweet potato casserole. I was amazed at how much food I got. I had some take home boxes. My daughter loved her chicken tender (they only give the kids one because it is half of a HUGE chicken breast) and fries. Love love love that they support an arts center in town where adults with developmental disabilities can create art. They have paintings of chickens from these artists for sale for $20 each. We bought one because they are so cool. All are one of a kind and support the artist and the arts program! So look up when you are standing in line ready to order and pick out a piece you want to buy!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere