“Very Good for the Price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #21 of 57 Hotels in Asheville
Maine
“Very Good for the Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We returned to the Baymont for one night prior to entering the Biltmore Estate. Like our first review we found the room well furnished and clean. The breakfast was satisfying and the exercise are was well maintained. The Inn is very convenient to the entrance of the Biltmore Estate.

Room Tip: Better to get a room facing the back of the Inn
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Northampton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is my second time in Asheville and I decided to stay at a place that was much cheaper than downtown. I spent over 200 bucks a night downtown, here I spent 89 dollars per night.

You can get downtown in 10-15 minutes by car, and the drive there is nice. I also like that it is easy to park at this hotel.

My only complaint at all was that the elevator is a little slow but the friendly staff and nice basic rooms really made up for that. I am allergic to down and I was delighted to find normal non down bedding here. I just love the comfort of a clean place and would rather stay in a hotel like this than throw away hundreds just to be downtown. I spent quite a lot of time downtown anyway and found my hotel to be perfect.

I will stay here when I return next year.

Nice for families or business- I was there for business.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Great location to Biltmore Village and Biltmore Estates which was high on our list of things to do. 5 and 10 year old boys had a great time in the pool area. Breakfast food was great and quite a variety for everyone.

We (3 families) all had a great time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Chesapeake, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Overall the Baymont is a good value hotel. Honestly, I think they could improve all of the service issues if they just had a few English speakers available to assist the staff. I hate to say that, but clearly the lack of understanding and communication exists because of the language barrier not only with the staff and guests, but with the management and staff. For example, the breakfast room was so full that folks and we began spilling over into the lobby, then even out the front door. The food quality was fine and a large selection was available. The problem began as items began to run out. Several folk asked for more coffee to be made, bananas to be restocked, additional cereal to be provided. Staff would shake their heads north to south and then disappear giving the sense that they understood and were going to restock the breakfast bar which did not happen. Certainly through out the breakfast hours the bar should be restocked with standard items like coffee, fruit, cereal etc but it was not. It seemed that what was put out was expected to last the whole breakfast shift. Again workers not understanding guests, and workers not able to communicate with management. Same thing with the lobby coffee, cookies, etc.. Only placed once and never restocked. So with the SRO at the breakfast bar we decided on the Huddle House up the hill. Great staff, lots of coffee, a place to sit, and the real folk of Asheville.

Service. Again the staff were really sweet and nice wonderful folk. However the language barrier made for some strange outcomes. We placed the do not disturb sign out assuming we would just skip the service for one day which was at 12:00. When we did leave the property and returned at 10:00 pm, we found all the sheets and pillow cases had been removed. Nothing was replaced? We were not scheduled to check out. It was the strangest thing. The staff obviously came in to get the sheets off, why were they not replaced? Again, I think it is a language barrier. The night manager was terrific and helped us find some sheets. Oh did I mention I had to make my own bed

Location. The location is good if you are heading down into the Biltmore or Ashville city area. However in order to make a left on Hendersonville road is difficult. You are going against traffic If you want to make a left, it is far easier to make the right, go to the light at the Doubletree hotel enterance, and turn around. Baymont is located high on a hill so be careful when making the left out of the property. There are some great restaurants and activities up the hill as well like the Black Forest Restaurant which has wonderful German food.

Room Tip: Rooms are fine. Language barrier with staff is the issue for poor service.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Baymont Inn Asheville / Biltmore? Share your experiences!