“Super Visit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 57 Hotels in Asheville
KING OF PRUSSIA
“Super Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I felt our stay was terrific. We went to Biltmore House and the location of your hotel was excellent. We enjoyed are breakfast in the morning, especially the biscuits.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

The hotel was minutes from the Biltmore Mansion. The hotel was full so the breakfast room was crowded and not well stocked. Other than that, the stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

PHOENIX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We moved to this hotel after one night at another hotel that was not what it appeared to be on their website. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the staff friendly and very helpful, and the breakfast delicious. Will definitely look for this chain again in my travels!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Excellent location and wonderful staff. Hotel is very well maintained and a pleasure to stay at. Rates very reasonable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Pros: Close to Biltmore Village, WIFI, close to I-40

The REST: The rooms were small and cramped.Bed was uncomfortable and pillows were oddly shaped and fluffed. The bathroom was so tight and the sink is not inside the bathroom. The bathroom light fixture was missing the cover. It looked like the light bulbs has been upgraded to CFL's but that they produce too much heat to be covered. The toilet tank cover was chipped and did not fit the toilet appropriately. The "closet" was small and could not accommodate my clothes let alone mine and my husband's. The TV had several static channels and there were at least 3 channels that covered the same content. The AC was loud and only worked in extremes, it was either BOILING or SNOWING. The elevator was small and slow. An alarm went off 90% of the time I entered the elevator. The pool's chlorine level was unhealthy, way too strong.The ice maker was out of order for the last 3 days of my visit. The vending machine was ridiculously overpriced. $1:00- $1:50 for most items.

Breakfast room (closet) was small with only 9 tables. The food selection did not change:Rubbery egg patties, greasy sausage patties, and over browned biscuits. All the hot food was luke warm at best. I just toasted a bagel for myself each morning and got out of there ASAP. The trash can was continually overflowing even though there is an attendant in the room. There was no morning during our visit that I could easily throw away my coffee creamer and sugar packets.

On my way out to dinner, I saw a boy vomit all over the lobby in front the elevator, it smelled horrible. When I notified the front desk about the mess a front desk attendant half way wiped it up with a towel and said he would finish cleaning it up in a minute. My party returned 2 hours later to the smell and sight of vomit streaks still in front of the elevator. Only by then it was also full of dirt from people walking in it! Everyone who entered the lobby remarked on the nasty smell, but they were too busy to do what was right. Disgusting.

There were several bugs inside the building also.My husband described them as "stink bugs". My daughter made a game of counting all of the "stink bugs" she saw on the property during our visit. There was a dead bug next to the painting directly across from the elevator. If you choose to stay here, be sure to tell the Baymont mascot, hello!

On our first full day at the property our room keys were deactivated. When I went to get them re activated, I was told that they were deactivated because the GM, Julie Patel, wanted to speak to me about suspected smoking in the room. My husband is a smoker, but we follow the rules. He had a smoke outside in the parking lot away from me and our children and then he entered the building. I was told that it was hotel policy to deactivate keys of patrons that they want to talk to. Why not call me? I explained to her that my husband does smoke but that no one in my party had smoked inside the hotel. His sweatshirt and clothes may smell like smoke, but that his scent is not against hotel policy, right. I also gave her my cell phone number and asked her to call me if she had any other pressing matters to discuss with me. I tried to follow up our conversation with an email , but it bounced back to me because the GM's email box was full and could not accept and more emails. Every day after that, my keys were "accidentally" deactivated at least once a day. Upon check out I was presented with a $250.00 charge to my credit card and the contents of my trash can that DID have an empty cigarette carton inside it. THEY WENT THROUGH MY TRASH and SAVED IT FOR 3 MORE DAYS until our visit was over! I felt so violated, it was my trash. I was told that I could contact corporate and file a complaint, but that the charge stands. NO ONE smoked inside the building. Like I said before, we follow the rules.

I will NOT be returning to the Baymont Inn Asheville.

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different hotel.