“Great for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Asheville Mall

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Asheville Mall to your Saves list
Days Inn Asheville Mall
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 Tunnel Road, I-40 & Highway 240, Asheville, NC 28805   |
Ranked #45 of 59 hotels in Asheville
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Great for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

This hotel was great for the money. It is clean and safe and pretty close to down town. there is nothing fancy but if you need a place to sleep and shower for a cheap rate, then this is the place. The breakfast is AMAZING!!! I cannot express that enough...it was an unbelieveable spread for a free breakfast buffet. My friends and I had plans to go out to a nice brunch but stayed in and had breakfast in the hotel both days because it was so nice.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

497 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

This was a typical mountain hotel in Asheville. The rooms were older, definately have not been updated in quite some time. The pool was closed for the winter, which is understandable. The beds were clean, the bathroom was super small, and being a bigger guy it was inconvenient to shower in cause theres a railing right there. Walls are not sound proof at all, there was a party or something going on and could hear all the noice from outside.

So as much as I wasnt a fan of this hotel when I woke up we went for breakfast. Oh my GOD! Full buffett! They had everything you could imagine, from rolls, pancakes, waffles, potatoes, bacon, sausage, etc. There breakfast at this hotel, totally did a 180 on my mindset of this hotel!!! Even though I wasnt a fan of the rooms, I will stay there again cause the breakfast is so worth it.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Waynesburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

Yes, you read correctly. My friend and I were staying at the hotel for a few days. We woke up at 8:30 to the sound of BANGING!!! and POUNDING!!! There was construction going on down below us. It continued while we left for the day. We returned to the hotel at 2:15. We were relaxing and at 2:30 ...MORE CONSTRUCTION!!! We went to the front desk to discuss the matter with the manager. The front desk manager MICHAEL said when we asked to talk to the manager, he "might be the manager...depending on what we needed." REALLY!!! We proceeded to explain the situation...the construction started at 8:30 waking us...it continued when we wanted to nap...we wanted compensated for a night. Michael the sometimes desk manager, said that we were being demeaning to him and then he wanted us to leave. WE WERE CALLED AFTER WE RETURNED TO OUR NOISY ROOM AND TOLD TO LEAVE WITHIN THE HOUR!!!
I have never been treated so badly!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Hampton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

Stayed here on a visit to Asheville and wanted to spend my money on other things than a motel so felt this was a good bargain for the rate of 79-89 night. The room was adequate, bed was comfortable and clean (no bugs seen anywhere) with a good shower,working refridge,microwave, TV, and AC that cooled well. The pool was clean and well cared for. The breakfast was filling with lots of offerings. We had a room facing the mountains and it was quiet and did not hear any interruptions from others. Staff was nice and accommadating and provided extra amenities when we asked. I would stay here again-esp. after checking out the prices at other area motels! Very pleased.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

We stayed 3 nights; thought the motel was well located and our room was in a quiet spot well back from the busy street. Front desk staff was not overly friendly, which was very different from our general Asheville experience, but they were capable enough. Breakfast was plentiful, but uneven in quality. Very greasy meats, dry eggs, low quality baked goods. On the plus-good juices, waffle maker, cereal variety and fresh fruits. The toaster worked well. The staff worked very hard to keep the food coming, especially on a very busy Sunday morning. In the room, there was a king bed and two tired but nicely sized chairs. The drapes are good and pretty light tight if you want to sleep in. The room looked quite nice and acceptably clean when we checked in. I felt pretty safe there.
Now for the downsides. Saturday night, late return and NO parking in the main lot. But, there was a junk car parked there for a couple days with a for sale sign in the window. Mattress was way past its prime..I slept sideways one night, trying to find a spot to give some back support. TV card showed about 75 channels, but only 20 actually came in. The micro-fridge combo unit had a buzz so loud it sounded like an alarm clock when it kicked in. We solved the problem by piling about 20 pounds of stuff on top of the microwave, to kill the vibration. How could we hear that buzz, you ask? The air conditioner WAS SO LOUD, we had to shut it off at night so we could sleep. Really! And when we did have it on, it was like a blast freezer, with no control or hold cycle. Just full ON and loud, or OFF... so you could hear the micro fridge buzz. We also found that there were totally inadequate outlets in the room for the number of personal appliances we travel with. Under the desk, the hotel had a 6plex totally filled with their stuff, TV, lights, fridge, desk lamp etc. The outlets next to the A/C and behind the bed are inaccessible. The only remaining outlet is at the sink, and the geniuses have installed it sideways, so you really can't plug in more than one item. Not well thought out. Finally, and this happened at another hotel on this trip, too...the alarm clock is set for midnight, and turned on so you get scared out of your pants by some screaming radio station in the middle of the night. I should have known enough to check, but shouldn't the housekeeper do that? This hotel charged us a "senior rate" of $99 for Saturday and $67 each night for Sunday and Monday. Really not a bargain. We drove 800 miles the next day just to get home and sleep in our own bed.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

Where to start? Well, seemed like the Bristol NASCAR plague had hit Asheville because Bristol was charging crazy rates for their hotels. So, fans traveled an hour and a half to Asheville to get rooms. Rooms were far and few between. This hotel had one room left. It was smoking (which I'm a non-smoker, who can't stand cigarettes). I was tired, and just wanted to unwind. I'm here on business, so internet is integral to me. Their internet did not work. Then, I found multiple hairs in the shower. I also found a hair in the bed I was supposed to sleep in. The knob to turn the shower on looked dirty. I'd assume touch a dirty knob of a public restroom. I didn't even want to take my shoes off in the room. To top it off, the night auditor seemed to not even care. He would not refund me. He was like, "You were in there, I cannot resale the room". Yeah, like the next person, unless they were dirty uncaring people would not notice the nasty hairs all over the shower. I expect those conditions in a $30 flea bag motel, not somewhere you pay $80 for.
The room was filthy, and no effort was put into cleaning. Which makes me sick to my stomach especially in these rough times, where I have friends who would gladly take any job, and some miserable person decided they wanted to take a shortcut.
You lost a customer that could've been a very loyal customer, since I frequent the Asheville area.

The only pluses was the lobby and pool were nice. No hairs in the lobby.

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

It is a motel on the edge. With some minor repairs & upgrades, it could become a very good motel and an excellent value. Or, as it seems to be going, it could be a real dump soon. The guys @ the service desk were excellent. They tried to be sure you were satisfied. The breakfast was superb. The location was fine.
Do not agree to stay before looking at a room. Some rooms are in better condition than others and some mattresses should have been replaced years ago.
I do not have any stays at other similar motels to compare this one to so all I can suggest is that if this is your price range you may or may not do better.
Would I stay here again? I would, but not with my wife. I would spend extra bucks for a nicer place. Good luck.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Asheville Mall? Share your experiences!