“WAY TOO EXPENSIVE!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Asheville Mall

You added Days Inn Asheville Mall to your Saves list
Days Inn Asheville Mall
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 Tunnel Road, I-40 & Highway 240, Asheville, NC 28805   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #45 of 58 Hotels in Asheville
JACKSONVILLE
“WAY TOO EXPENSIVE!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Bottom line it was way too expensive. Not a bad place but expected more for the price. I traveled with my club soccer team and most of the family members agree with my assessment. A very small TV coupled with a bad breakfast was made worse by having to pay over 300.00 dollars for only a 2-night stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysInnAshevilleMall, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Asheville Mall, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thanks for taking the time out to review the property. October in this area is a very busy time due to the seasonal change. We understand the rates can be considerably higher during this peak season and we strive to be competitive and reasonable in comparison other properties along the same level. The best bet is to book as early as possible, especially during July and October so you can obtain the best rate available. We'd appreciate you considering our location again when you come back through Western North Carolina.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Raleigh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I've stayed at many Days Inn and overall consider them an excellent value. The price was similar to others, and the breakfast was exceptionally good compared to many competitors. However, the mattress was very worn out and sagged dramatically in the middle (I only way 160 pounds, so it wasn't me!), so I did not get a good night's sleep. Also, when entering the room it had a strong smell (not sure what), but the room seemed very clean. Due to the mattress problem, I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

OMAHA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Double beds were very comfortable, black out curtains great. Didn't get shampoo/condition the second and third days but everything else was ok. Slept late on Sunday but got woken up by the guys installing carpet downstairs...I understand they have limited times to do repairs but really...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysInnAshevilleMall, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Asheville Mall, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out to put in a review. We apologize for an inconvenience due to the renovations and upgrades. We hope you stay with us next time you come through the area!
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was in for 1 night and own a cleaning business, both residental and business. I saw so many things in the cleaniness part that I would have had my staff to redo until it was done right.
The beds were ok, and with being in this business I stripped the bed and put all linens in bathroom for easier clean up and one thing I would do is change mattress covers. Mine was covered in Black Hair and that is not a pleasant site to see.
All I can say is that I searched for a room close to that same location, and all rooms were booked. I paid $275 for 1 night and anywhere else, and I have stayed at quite a few places on business. This price was over the top of what the room was really worth. I have business meeting for 2 to 3 nights coming up in the next 3 months. I will NOT book at this Location again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about your displeasure during your stay. Would you email us at daysinnavlmall@gmail.com and let us know where on the property you stayed? We would like to hear the feedback to improve our consistency with all guest rooms. Thank you for taking the time out to review the location.

Been to Days Inn Asheville Mall? Share your experiences!