“Best breakfast buffet in town!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Roux is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #200 of 626 restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Thetford Street
Description: Discover Roux and you just may become addicted. Our patrons tell us they’re mad about Roux. We knew when we opened we were creating something special, but our patron’s love of Roux is our best affirmation. Our Executive Chef Randy Dunn has created an innovative menu incorporating small plates and comfort food finished with a creative twist. Roux fuses southern comfort with modern sophistication, dishes inspired by our Chef’s grandmother’s kitchen then spiced with locally farmed ingredients that are all Asheville. Our menu features small plates that allow sharing as well as more traditional large plates. A diverse wine list, full service bar and select desserts created in the Roux kitchen complete your experience. At Roux you’ll also enjoy the best service and an inviting atmosphere. Join us for breakfast, lunch and dinner and become mad about Roux.
west palm beach, fl.
“Best breakfast buffet in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

For $13.95 you could eat to your hearts content from an array that misses nothing. Each day they make different pancakes, and the omelets were great. Good coffee and grits and biscuts and gravy! Loved it. Also had dinner there and the ribeye was very good.

Visited April 2013
BFH_Marketing, Guest Relations Manager at Roux, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear lvchickie,

We are loving your review and are so glad you dined with us on multiple occasions during your stay at the Hilton Asheville! Thanks for sharing your feedback and we hope you are able to come back!

Lauren McDevitt
Marketing and Guest Relations
Roux at the Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park

80% Recommend
Asheville, North Carolina
“Underwhelmed by the food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Went for dinner the weekend after Valentine's day. Last time we were here, we had a nice meal in a nice quiet atmosphere. While the waiter was still excellent (same one as we had before), we were vastly disappointed by the rest of the experience. The main reason for the disappointment was that we were told that the chef was still running his "Valentine's Day" fixed price menu, but with a few sandwich offerings for those who didn't feel like spending $60 for a 3-course for 2, or didn't like the fixed price food options. We specifically avoid restaurants on Val Day for this exact reason. We both ordered the calamari appetizer and sandwiches. Figuring it was available, I asked whether as one of my sides I could get the beet salad offered on the fixed price menu instead of the regular side salad option. Even as an upcharge I was told the chef would not do that. Then I asked if I could simply order that salad separately and they said they could do that (huh?). When the salad came, it was nothing more than the a regular side salad with one really chewed up slice of beet hidden underneath, and almost no dressing. The calamari did come quickly and although there was aoli (marinara was not an option), it was fried well and tasty. The sandwiches however, were limp and tasteless. With so many other great dining options around Asheville, it will be a while before we return to Roux.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
BFH_Marketing, Guest Relations Manager at Roux, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Roaming_Fool,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent meal at Roux. We are sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant time with us over Valentine's Day weekend, especially since we have received a lot of positive feedback about our special menu that was offered. We do hope that you come back again and dine with us so that we can show you a better experience.

Lauren McDevitt
Marketing and Guest Relations
Roux and Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park
“Great food at a hotel setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised at the fabulous meal I had while traveling on business at the Hilton Hotel! It was a unique experience! My dinner started with the soup of the day, Loaded potato Soup. My entree was the crab cakes and they were the best I have experienced in a long time. They were very full of lump crabmeat with minimal fillers! These were unbelievable! I also dined here ther following morning for breakfast and they had a superb breakfast buffet! I would highly recommend this restaurant!

North Carolina
“ROUX at Hilton Asheville NC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Chef Joe outdone himself today. The Lamb Chops were excellent. He prepared things for our Anniversary that were all made to order. He came out and made sure all was well as expected. He made a romantic desert for two that was perfect for us. Our waitress TREI made sure our favorite bread was warm & ready. Her service is warm, timely & personal. You cannot ask for an better experience and all of your choices prepared with incredibly taste...

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Very Impressed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I had breakfast and dinner at Roux (and drinks), and I was very very impressed! As some other reviewers said, this is NOT your typical hotel restaurant. The presentation, service, and fresh flavors were incredibly refreshing. Best food and value at a hotel I think I've ever seen.

I had the portobello bennies for breakfast and the crab cakes for dinner and highly recommend them both. If they're any representation of the rest of the food, then I'm sure everything is fantastic.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere