“Save room for dessert” 5 of 5 stars

(828) 225-6370 ‎
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Stable Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 644 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Marietta, Ga
“Save room for dessert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Wonderful dinner after the tour - service was great. Save room for the dessert! It's worth every bite.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cleveland, Ohio
“Surprising!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I expected "bar" food, but it was delicious. I had the roasted chicken -- it was equal to a home cooked meal.

Visited December 2013
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great dining experience for Candlelight Christmas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had a dinner reservation here for the Candlelight Christmas tour, and just during this event does the restaurant open for dinner with a fixed price for a three course meal.

First, our server just could not have been better. He is a bald guy from New Jersey who treated us like old friends. He earned every dollar of his tip.

The first course I got the potato bisque, and it was phenomenal. For the main course I got the ribeye with bacon spoon bread. When I didn't care for the spoon bread, the waiter brought me a side of the mashed potatoes which are some of the best I have ever tasted! My dad ordered the salmon which was perfect, and two at the table got the roasted chicken which was moist and flavorful.

The desserts were good, and although it was pricey, it was worth it for the atmosphere, delicious food, and excellent service.

Visited January 2014
Simpsonville, SC
“Not Impressed for the Money!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I took our two grown children and a daughter-in-law to see Biltmore for Christmas. We wanted to treat the kids for a special night out and decided to try the Stables (of course via Biltmore reservations) since our 'reserved' time for Biltmore in the evening didn't enable us to have dinner at 'The Corner Kitchen' that evening.

The view inside the Stables is spectacular. Tables are close to each other, but very beautiful all the craftsmanship. However, the food not so spectacular. At Christmas time, there is a set menu (not informed of) and you choose from what is listed. My son had veal link sausage. I know, doesn't sound too weird, but my son couldn't even eat it. It was NOT good and I love veal. Just an odd flavor, too many spices or something. I stuck strickly to rotisserie chicken, but that tasted like most everyone else's rotisserie chicken. Desserts was just ok. My other son had the vegetarian meal of some type of pumpkin soufflee. He said he was ok and finished about 1/3 of it. Tasted it as well, I wouldn't have eaten 1/3 of it, so he did pretty good to me. Husband and daughter-in-law as steak and they enjoyed theirs.

Five people finished dinner, with tip included, for $300.00. Not worth the money.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Nice way to end the Biltmore tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Very enjoyable lunch after our tour. Everything was delicious. The sampler for two was wonderful. Lots of meat! Bison burger was very delicious! Half rotisserie chicken very tender...family of four 64.00...a little pricey for lunch.....