“Great restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

(828) 225-6370 ‎
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Stable Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 624 restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Indianapolis, Indiana, Usa
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Loved the grilled vegetable salad and BBQ. Very satisfying food. Excellent children's menu. One of the best meals for the value in 10 days across NC, SC, TN.

86% Recommend
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
“Tasty relief in the middle of our day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We decided to have our lunch here with our daughters on our recent visit to the Biltmore Estate and really enjoyed the atmosphere and the impeccable, friendly service. While one of our daughters is finicky about food, the server helpfully suggested an item from the kids menu and she was happy. My husband and I enjoyed one of the estates micro brews and while he and our other daughter selected a sandwich, I went with a roasted vegetable salad that was mostly tasty though I'll never develop a taste for goat cheese and would elect not to have that if I ever order anything like this again. All in all, it was an enjoyable experience mostly because of the cool atmosphere and the really sweet server.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Columbus
“Location? Great. Service? Terrific. Food? Meh.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

For all the brouhaha about the food at the Biltmore--and I LOVE the Biltmore--the food is okay. The Stable Cafe is a really cool place to eat, I mean, come on! You sit right where the horses used to be pampered. This most recent trip was my third time, though, and for all the farm-to-table oo-la-la Biltmore food, well, hey, the menu was the same as in January. As much as I love creamed brussel sprouts (that's right, you heard me) in January it's one thing; in June? No. My roasted vege salad was quite so so. I mean, come on. Butternut squash in June and canned artichoke hearts are do-able by Applebees. Still, the service is super professional, the location great, and if you stick with a burger or sandwich you won't be disappointed.

Reno, Nevada
“Offers Take Out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Although it was a very hot afternoon, the idea of dining al fresco sounded good. The Stable staff was very accomodating and put together our to go order of chicken salad on croissants quickly. A beer for my partner and a lemonade for me and we were on our way!

Elgin, Illinois
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Seated for some time until the wait staff realized no one had our table. Ordered a pulled pork platter to share for two and it came without a bun or sauce on the meat. Sauce is served separately and the pulled pork was dry. Almost 20 dollars for one platter.