“Great food and well priced; slow service.” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: What constitutes "New South Flavors?" For us, it is begins with reverence for those time-honored Southern dishes. Served up by wonderful home cooks for years. We respect the freshness, the flavors and the food itself. But we like to jazz it up a little, add something deliciously unexpected to delight your palate. Our interpretation of traditional Southern fare is creative, inventive and satisfyingly scrumptious. Cheers to New South Flavor!
Celebration, Florida
“Great food and well priced; slow service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We had lunch with family. We asked the waitress to come back in a few minutes as we were not quite ready to order, but we didn't see her again for another 20 minutes. She was slow to come back around as well, but she was nice. The food is innovative southern home style, and good. Biscuits were the best I have had.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Incredible!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I absolutely loved the food. They have very unique menu. My kids 8&10 gave it a 10/10. The staff was was even better. I will eat here every time I'm in town! ;)

“Wonderful, wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

This is the best restaurant- wonderful biscuits, great cauliflower casserole and fantastic service!
We went friends after reading about it on Trip Advisor! WE had pecan crusted chicken , with their wonderful sweet potatoes!
I would go back weekly, except I live in Texas!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nice modern southern food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We've heard a lot about the Tupelo Honey Cafe downtown location but felt it would be easier to get reservations at this South location. Prices were moderate and the quality and creativeness of the cuisine was outstanding. We had the fried green tomato appetizer, shrimp and grits and mountain trout. I wanted to try their own branded beer but it was out, so I tried another local craft beer instead. Overall, the food and atmosphere were very comfortable and welcoming. Their reputation for good food is well deserved.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Albany, New York
“Excellent southern specialties”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My wife and I tried this restaurant as it seemed to have a good reputation for southern type food. (We're from New York State.)
I had a fried chicken breast sandwich. The chicken was moist and delicious, the bacon tasty and crisp.. My wife had a spectacular grilled cheese sandwich with all kinds of toppings, including the same tasty bacon and green tomatoes. We both very much enjoyed our meal. Local brews were on tap as well. Very reasonably priced and good service. Tupelo Café has two locations. The downtown one is usually crowded which is why we came to this one, which is just about 3 miles south of Biltmore Village.

Visited May 2014