“Delicious biscuits, but the wait is another story” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Café, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States
“Delicious biscuits, but the wait is another story”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

The title says it all. We walked through the doors at 1pm and waited at the counter for about 5 minutes in front of the hostesses before we were acknowledged. After being told the wait for 2 people was 30-40 we waited politely for 35 minutes, then finally got a seat. Once the nice waitress took our order we promptly were served waters, and our drinks from the bar. The biscuits were AWESOME and my husband and I enjoyed the Appalachian egg rolls. We had to wait over an hour and a half to get our main entrees which were mediocre. I ordered the sassy chicken and the spices were over the top. The Mac and cheese was ok, pretty average and nothing special. I guess the manager noticed that the wait time was ridiculous for us because we received a discount on our bill and were handed a $10 gift card on the way out the door which was a nice gesture. Overall, be prepared to wait at this location.

Madison, WI
“Lots of variety, tasty choices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Enjoy a warm biscuit with honey or jam while you wait for your food. My soup and sandwich were excellent, hot and delicious. I had a grilled cheese with lots of cheeses on it - yummy. This place, and the downtown site, are very busy so go at a slightly "off" time or be prepared to wait a bit. It's worth the wait - service was friendly and prompt once I was seated.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Norridgewock
“Would not return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Although we had made a reservation weeks in advance, notified the servers that we were a large group with a number of children, we were met with attitude. They seated us outside which was fine, but they acted the whole time as if we were such a bother to them. The children were all very well behaved so I can't understand that being an issue. Southern hospitality was nowhere to be found! The food was just okay. Several of us wrote email to the restaurant after the fact advising of our unsatisfactory treatment and none were acknowledged.

Visited August 2013
Pensacola, Florida
“The Lightest Biscuits I Have Ever Had.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We made a stop off in Asheville to grab a quick lunch on the way to Pigeon Forge, and found this great place. The service was quick and friendly, the ambiance was welcoming, and the food was very good. They give you a biscuit and jelly as an appetizer. Both my wife and I thought that these were without a doubt the lightest biscuits that we had ever eaten. I am still not sure how they get them that light. I'm glad we decided to make this stop, as it was one of the better meals that we had on our 10 day trip. I can't believe that this place isn't ranked a lot higher than it is.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Paducah, Kentucky
“Fantastic Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

My wife and I visited during our "mini-moon" in Asheville. I enjoyed the sweet potato pancakes and was impressed with the unique flavor and size. They serve a single, thick plate size cake that is sure to fill even the largest of appetites. Several local wines were available at only $10 per bottle. My wife had a custom omelet. It was so-so. Fresh ingredients, average taste, and a little expensive. Service was prompt and food was prepared in just a few minutes. We will definitely go back. The breakfast bowl looked great, as did the chicken and waffles. I highly recommend

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere